Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear fender/tail lamp issues

Old 08-03-2015, 12:39 PM
typicaldenimbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear fender/tail lamp issues

About 4 months ago I purchased an '04 LR and immediately swapped out all of my lights. Everything was running fine until about 3 weeks ago when I noticed my tail lamp hanging out of the fender only connected by the electrical wire. Upon closer inspection I saw that the tab that is connected to the fender that attaches to the top of the tail light had snapped. I took it to a buddy of mine that welded the tab back on the fender and everything seemed to be fine until last night when I experienced the same issue with my tail light once again. The weird thing is that the tab snapped in an entirely different place, the original weld was unaffected. Upon close inspection of the fender there does not appear to be any rust or anything else that would affect the integrity of the metal. I don't have any pics of the damage at the moment but I was speaking to another buddy of mine that had the same issue on a '13 Superglide. At this point I'm beginning to think its an issue with all Dynas that run this square(ish) light as opposed to my SB that had the limp dick tail light stock. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. I did search the forum but didnt really see any other posts that applied. Thanks in advance.