Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded 07 fxdwg not running

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Sherman Tank
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Upgraded 07 fxdwg not running

I'm all but done or so I thought with my 07 fxdwg upgread and myself and shop are baffled...

The upgrades; 103 kit, flattop low expiation Pistons, chrome Molly rings, P&Ped heads w/ 7mm valves, line webber springs with 375lb seat pressure and compression release valves, and a new Daytona twin tec twin tuner. And a new fuel filter.

Previous upgrades that stayed; NGK iridium plugs, k&n high flow air intake, Vance and Hines short shot pips w/ 2in baffles.

Previous upgrades taken off; TFI tuner, stock heads Pistons jugs.

Issues before upgrade; hard start ( as in takes forever before she even try's to fire over) dry rotting of plug wires, crazy sounding grinding like noise from starter every once in a wile especially if it already been ridden...

Also does anyone know how important this "ion sense" thing is? Any details will help, such as... Do I have to use specific plugs and wires? Or can I just by pas it all together by going to a single fire coil and just not hook up the ion sense wire???

Last edited by Sherman Tank; 08-04-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: New parts still no change
Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

My only suggestion is checking engine compression. You might have timed it wrong who knows? Got a compression gauge? It should be 165-200psi. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Sherman Tank
I'm all but done or so I thought with my 07 fxdwg upgread and myself and shop are baffled...

The upgrades; 103 kit, flattop low expiation Pistons, chrome Molly rings, P&Ped heads w/ 7mm valves, line webber springs with 375lb seat pressure and compression release valves, and a new Daytona twin tec twin tuner. And a new fuel filter.

Previous upgrades that stayed; NGK iridium plugs, k&n high flow air intake, Vance and Hines short shot pips w/ 2in baffles.

Previous upgrades taken off; TFI tuner, stock heads Pistons jugs.

Issues before upgrade; hard start ( as in takes forever before she even try's to fire over) dry rotting of plug wires, crazy sounding grinding like noise from starter every once in a wile especially if it already been ridden...

Also does anyone know how important this "ion sense" thing is? Any details will help, such as... Do I have to use specific plugs and wires? Or can I just by pas it all together by going to a single fire coil and just not hook up the ion sense wire???

Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,231 Likes on 3,611 Posts

You shouldn't have to worry about ion sense.. The Twin tec tunder should be plug and play.. It will handle the ION sense line... All TC use single fire coils to start. First question is compression.. 375 seat pressure is too much.. Depending on the cam you should be at 160 to 200.. I would check compression (need it for spark) and fix the starter..

Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Sherman Tank
Stage III

I've heard her run but she's running ruff and won't stay running after 30sec and she won't run again till she's compleat lay cool... Just talked to he tech, said replace crank possition sensor, plugs and wires. I've tried adjusting the idle values in the DTT I found were it runs the best so far but that's were I got my 30sec from

Old 08-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,231 Likes on 3,611 Posts

Hope you didn't use solid copper plug wires..

Old 08-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Sherman Tank
Stage III

Stock plug wires, going to get screamin eagle plugs and wires 10mm, and the cams are still stock