Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:45 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: saddle bags

i'm sure you can put something on the fender to compensate without drilling. Let me know how it goes, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Now as far as riding with a back pack? My brother thinks I would look like a punk, but how can you look like a punk on a Harley?

Old 06-03-2006, 04:45 AM
stubby
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Folks. I 've decided to attempt Diane's sugggestion with glueing on a soft backing. Chilhowee leather has slant bags to fit dynas. Monday plan to order.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:16 AM
iwant1
Tourer

When I first purchased my 06 FXDCI in February I purchased all of the accessories that I thougth I might want and I ordered Kdrive detachable saddlebags. Several people who have them reckon they are very good and they are much cheaper than the HD products. Might be worth checking out how they compare pricewise if you haven't already

Ironically I recently decided not to put them on my bike as I only do day trips and the commute to work (backpack works for me too), so wouldn't be using them anyway. I think I'll sell mine on ebay here in Australia along with the bar required to relocate the indicators.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/AA87826E8FE1448DBB6B6EECF6E7AFDB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2006, 01:18 PM
stubby
Road Captain

My last Harley was a '75 superglide. The rear brake was set at top of rotor. My 2006 brake is set to the front. Now I'm worried any throw over slant bags may rub. It's raining here today or else I'd be rideing instead of worrying. Any other experience with throw over bags on dyna's.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see how that will work. Throwovers on a Dyna with a solo seat, can this work or what? Its starting to look like a backpack unless I want to install the necessary hardware. I'll have to write to several companies and see what they suggest.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 PM
stubby
Road Captain

Yesterday I got a great set of bags from Bill's motorcycle parts, Berwick, Pa. Panhead, knucklehead riders may be hip to this parts outlet. Bags are from Spider's Den, slant, harness leather, fit well; throw over with the softest fur like fabric under the yoke. After trying them on I decided to go with a set of saddle bag brackets from j&p. These bags have a large silicone rubber piece across the back as a stiffener. Buying the bracket to make sure no contact with chain gaurd or. contact with fender chrome.
Don't have ability to send a picture; also, want to put a couple hundred miles on to be certain. It has been pouring here. This next week should be able to test and let you know.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
CoolChrome
Cruiser

what happen if a bag touch the chain guard ?

Old 06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

heres a couple of pics, got these from a rag merchant at the myrtle beek bike week, they're cheapo's, but the price was right and they fit the bill for the "wife kit" when she brings along all her necessary "stuff"

Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

ORIGINAL: stubby

Yesterday I got a great set of bags from Bill's motorcycle parts, Berwick, Pa. Panhead, knucklehead riders may be hip to this parts outlet.

Is that "Bill's Old Bike Barn" that you're talking about? I've been by it, but never stopped in.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
CoolChrome
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: glebo

heres a couple of pics, got these from a rag merchant at the myrtle beek bike week, they're cheapo's, but the price was right and they fit the bill for the "wife kit" when she brings along all her necessary "stuff
Did you install any metal bracket to hold your bag in place ?

Or did you only attach them with cables ?

I finaly got my Bag on my bob... im gona post a pic tomorrow.

Quick Reply: saddle bags