Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VRODS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:35 PM
kaduku
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VRODS

I've had three metrics, the last one a cruiser wannabe. Never had the bikes for more than 3 months. Told myself the next bike will be the real deal, no matter how long it will take. Ten years later, I now have my Bob. I don't care if that M109R can go 200mph, I would take the Harley (any Harley) anytime.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:48 PM
wjcbsr
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

I have an 04 Hayabusa and an 06 Street Bob. Like my kids, I couldn't pick one over the other. I love 'em both the same. Could never give either one of them up. Different personalities but both disireable in their own special way

Old 06-04-2006, 01:57 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kaduku

I've had three metrics, the last one a cruiser wannabe. Never had the bikes for more than 3 months. Told myself the next bike will be the real deal, no matter how long it will take. Ten years later, I now have my Bob. I don't care if that M109R can go 200mph, I would take the Harley (any Harley) anytime.
I agree with your post...and I wouldn't trade my harley for any metric. The nice thing is...now that I have the bike I always dreamed of owning, it leaves me more open to appreciate some of the other types of bikes on the market. As long as I know I have my harley, I can always pick up a second bike..play with it for a while, and then sell it. That's what I did recently...just bought a used Yamaha YZF 600...it's fun and I'm sure I'll get a lot of good riding out of it. But I don't love it like my harley, and may eventually get tired of it. Still..I appreciate it for what it is.
The M109 is certainly not a harley..but it is an impressive machine nonetheless.

Todd

Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 AM
05FXD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the V-ROD is more or less made to try and lure some sportbike riders into owning a Harley.Granted it isn't a crotchrocket,but more of a power cruiser.Aimed at sportbike riders looking for something diferrent ,but not yet ready to own a traditional air cooled V-Twin Harley.In my opinion if you're looking for power,performance,and something that handles like it's on rails you're not gonna look to Harley Davidson for a bike.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Based on what I saw in Daytona in March during bike week, V-rods are catching on. There was a ton of 'em everywhere I went. Women, and men of all ages riding these bikes.

I know my sport bike buddies who own some heavy duty suicide yamakawhonsuki cycles tend to rent these things from time to time for a change of pace and dig 'em but would never spring for one to actually buy one.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 AM
JonHanna
Road Master

my neighbor just bought one. Do you think it's fair to say he borrowed my wife one time without asking so does that mean I can go borrow his VRod?!?!?!? hahaha

Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Rocket350
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The HD representative here in Japan told me they sell like hotcakes in Europe. Not sure if it is true... but thats what he says!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 AM
illegalnature
Novice

Um ... ya know ... with these rice grinders and the like ... riding around with yer a$$ in the air - can't you get some disease that way? (hee-hee!)

Old 06-05-2006, 01:14 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

With EPA laws getting tougher, a water cooled engine may be in all our future.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
jt1965
Road Captain

We have a guy at work here that has a V-rod. He is probably 6'5" pushing 275. It looks like he is riding a scooter when he comes down the street.
He is the only V-rod owner that I know.

Quick Reply: VRODS