Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fat Bob Vivid Black_ PAINT SWIRLS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
FatBob_RI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Fat Bob Vivid Black_ PAINT SWIRLS!!!!

My tank is loaded with swirls, almost like they are scratches. After a good wash they seem to fade, but does anybody have tips on how to avoid them/get the best possible finish on the paint?

I have harley brand soap and gloss for washes, but I am curious what everybody uses to get their bikes to glisten and shine!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you dry your bike? What do you use...I assume a towel.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:29 PM
FatBob_RI
1st Gear

I use a microfiber cloth...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Black will scratch just looking at it. It could be the dirt/dust on it before you wash it, some grime on the wash cloth/bucket...or the towel.

You can rub them out with a VERY fine compound, wax it...and use a leaf blower and keep the micro fiber towels off the paint.

Check out this product. I've had AWESOME results with it on my vehicles before. Black just needs extra attention is all.

http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 PM
FatBob_RI
1st Gear

thanks man!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

No problem.

I bought a brand new WRX, with the awesome factory swirls. Used the full Zaino system and it shined like GLASS. It is a bit expensive to setup, but man...on a bike, it will last FOREVER and honestly, have the best protection your paint can get.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Black truck black bike...

Clay bars my friend, clay bar wax. I have a whole thread on how to make black vehicles look new but its on my personal laptop and on another forum. But the bottome line was using clay bar once you give it a good wash.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jmerr01
Black truck black bike...

Clay bars my friend, clay bar wax. I have a whole thread on how to make black vehicles look new but its on my personal laptop and on another forum. But the bottome line was using clay bar once you give it a good wash.
Will you share with us? :-)

Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine had swirls when I got it! The dealer said "our guy is sick this week so ....I'm sorry but......" I never went back to them.
Wash and dry ? I use a synthetic chamois to dry. I wring it out, unfold it, lay it on the tin, pat it down and peel it off. NO friction involved.
If you don't want to use the clay bar meathod there is maguire's 3 step wax or mother's you can buy. My guy who runs a body shop said (UGHHH don't but any of that crap!) It's three separate waxes you apply one at a time after washing. Last time I did that by bike got totally beautiful- not a swirl anywhere! I say it's a load of crap because if you use three coats of any wax the swirls will go away. And the swirls come back anyway you see there not really gone,just hidden! Also wax can yellow in the sun and could potentially make your bike ugly and worthy of a good compound to remove the old wax (HUGE JOB).
Tip of the day " Look at your bike but don't touch it!"

Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Mole Rat
Cruiser

swirls in black are a fact of life. the man is right, clay bar, but, if you ride, they will be back!

Quick Reply: 09 Fat Bob Vivid Black_ PAINT SWIRLS!!!!