Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Old 07-26-2014, 04:00 PM
IronUA
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First Dyna, 02 FXD 9500 miles. Added OE bags, took the V&H pro pipe off and added a TH,Gunlent fairing, new tires, etc

How it looked before

Old 07-26-2014, 04:13 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't know if you all know who Ron Simms is (look him up) but here's an excerpt from an interview he did and he discusses "club" style Dynas...

{KD is the interviewer}
KD- Since the sons of malarkey TV show has shown the world how to best setup a Harley, what do the Hells Angels think about it now that everybody wants a “club bike”?
Simms- They really don’t care. It really is the best way to go on the dyna/FXR platform. They still ride more than most people do, so most won’t see the benefit, they’re just doing what’s popular right now.

KD- Besides adding a 2 into 1 exhaust and a fairing, what else would you suggest to do to get the most out of a dyna/FXR as far as ridability and performance go?
Simms- Well, I’m a motor guy, that’s what I was known for. I would suggest after those mods to hop up the engine with a cam and some top end work. Basically, we try to get about 100- 120 hp out of the newer bikes ( 96 ci and up).

KD- I ride about 15,000 miles a year and Ive been told the way I ride back East is considered odd, dangerous; but I notice that almost all the motorcycle riders out here ride similarly. What’s up?
Simms- Out here there’s no Tuesday night taco night. Bikes out here are for transportation, and the guys ride year around. They set the bikes up to go fast, haul their stuff, lane split, and daily abuse. When you ride a lot, you get good at the small things and that’s what all real riders have in common. There’s a group of guys here that ride wheelies on Dynas and FXRs as well as anyone.

KD- do they do anything to the rear sprocket to help get the front end up?
Simms- no, just engine work and their ability to ride. They will ride their bikes to a rally hundreds of miles away, perform at the rally on the bike they rode there, and ride back thinking nothing of it. I personally know of a guy, who incidentally was one of the toughest guys I’ve ever known, who couldn’t keep saddlebags on his bagger cause he would burn through the backside of them doing wheelies. The guys out here are just good, they are just good riders. The bike culture here is just different than other places. I think a lot of it is because this (Frisco/Oakland) area is where it all started back in the day. The original choppers, so the tradition has been passed down.
Entire interview here.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:58 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by IronUA
First Dyna, 02 FXD 9500 miles. Added OE bags, took the V&H pro pipe off and added a TH,Gunlent fairing, new tires, etc

WOW, looks darn good.
Loosing those front sigs really cleaned up the front end. I like the narrow glides. Set up right they work very well.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:02 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronUA

How it looked before

Looks good..love the red/black!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Don't know if you all know who Ron Simms is (look him up) but here's an excerpt from an interview he did and he discusses "club" style Dynas...

Entire interview here.
Kyle Defoor's a cool dude too. Rides often and rides hard.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Just got done with the finishing touches and I think I'm done for a bit. Sucks though because the more I look at all the other bikes on here the more ideas I get. Gonna have to put a block on the this site...haha

Name:  image_zps9dc73faf.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  333.1 KB

Old 07-27-2014, 03:59 PM
xgrimeyx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by topdwg
Just got done with the finishing touches and I think I'm done for a bit. Sucks though because the more I look at all the other bikes on here the more ideas I get. Gonna have to put a block on the this site...haha

nice bike but i dont see that being a club/outlaw style bike really tbh

Old 07-27-2014, 09:57 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

loving the big al's bars. need to re-route my brake line - got it on the wrong side of the risers when i was switching them out, looks a bit silly hanging all out there.

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-nqlfngd.jpg

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-scermxb.jpg

Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain

Man I really like the styles...I'd love to change mine. I like the apes but would like something more aggressive. I've put road king bags on, but think I could make it work. If I go with risers and bars separate not integrated there's no risers that you can wire internally? Is that correct? I would powder coat the wheels and lowers...hmmm just thinking out loud I guess. Would put the stock front fender back on.Crap you guys are killing me..

Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
They are the low bend on 8 inch risers. I would estimate the total rise to be about 12, but I wouldn't mind going up to ten inch risers. Still trying to find that sweet spot, but I definitely found the right bars finally.
Look great on the 8 inch, Al recommended 8s with the low bend. Damn, now I'm torn. Installing my low bend bars this weekend, had gotten some 10 inch risers to go with them, now I might have to back off a bit. I'll have to ride for a few hundred miles and see what it feels like. Looking good though!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's