Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Has anyone here had the chance to play with a 2014 Low Rider yet? After a headlight and riser swap, I'm wondering how high you can go with the bars before you have to start extending wiring and changing cables.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:13 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I figured I would do a write up on the speed merchant radial caliper bracket install because I couldn't find anything on the net on it. I also hope you guys don't mind me putting it in here because this seems to be the thread that people would be installing it and probably looking at the most. I am a numbers guy and when I look for a tutorial or installation thread I like numbers so here is what I found to be needed to make this work on my bike. Mine is an 06 dyna with 11.8 rotors and a oem cast front wheel

I needed spacers and didn't want a bunch of washers in there to get the caliper spaced on the rotor and to get the right pad travel on the rotor. I had some 150 thousandths spacers machine from the bracket to the leg. That worked perfect for me but yours may vary. Now for the caliper to the mount my spacers were approximately 0.078 or 5/64. The inner diameter of the spacers should be about 3/8 to accommodate the 3/8 bolts. The outer diameter should be about one inch. The leg ones can be smaller outer diameter but the caliper to bracket ones need to be an inch

When I got the caliper bracket I got the one in black and as always with powder coated parts you are probably going to need to chase or clean up the threads. For the bracket to leg mounts it takes a 3/8 by 16 tap or thread chaser. For the caliper to mount it takes a 3/8 by 24. That should help you on bolt sizes too but yours may vary depending on your wheel and spacer combo. Hope this helps

ride report:

so I took the bike for a ride after I installed the new setup and it broke ok. It wasn't a huge improvement but it still felt like I had a air bubble in the line. I let it sit overnight with pressure on the brake handle and tapped it a few times. Today I rode it again (because yesterday I rode my other bike) and what a world of difference. I underestimated the change. It is hands down night and day different and better. I am thoroughly happy with it

Old 08-19-2014, 09:35 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks man! it's a 2013

Old 08-21-2014, 01:06 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

nothing new, just showing off...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-eyeyi5l.jpg

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-lhwgxkg.jpg

Probably going to be needing a new rear tire shortly - preferably before Vegas in October.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

whoops...duplicate

Old 08-22-2014, 08:16 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
that's the best looking green bike on here. that metallic is awesome!
Thanks man. I'm pretty committed to it at this point.

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
nothing new, just showing off...
Looks good. Still rockin that new swing arm sticker I see.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:39 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Thanks man. I'm pretty committed to it at this point.

Looks good. Still rockin that new swing arm sticker I see.
Yessir I am. Looking into having some actual stickers made up next paycheck. Let me know if you want a set.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
bennydog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonnyq1976

She is getting a title closer just put on the Mag wheels.
Very Nice Sonny... Whoever you bought those mags from must have been a handsome guy!

Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Valholl Counter Culture asked for some hi-res pics of his handguards. Here's one from this afternoon. I had to ditch my green plug wires due to a misfire on the rear cylinder.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Squid, don't worry I decided not to sell. Everyone told me I'm crazy because they would love to have my bike. I've spent years and hours upon hours to get my bike this far just to sell it? Temporary insanity.

Ive always wanted a Dyna Defender so I was looking at FXDXTs to turn into an FXDXP (since the DP's are so hard to find) but I saw a few late model Dynas with police bags and I think I can make it work. Hoping to follow 07Bobber's lead by making my bike what I want, not settling on a 10+ year old bike without some of the perks that now come stock (6-speed, EFI etc). I plan to turn this Bob into an anti-Police Dyna Defender. Hoping to be done by Christmas....

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's