Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:56 AM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Two question on T-bars
Just got some 16" and I'm 6'4".... will these be in my line of vision
also I have a FXDXT... will these clear the windshield with the gauges or can I see the gauges if I still mount them low

Old 03-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I think you already know the answer, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.... just ask without being a dick, and you will get lots of support and advice.
Good post,man. ( if dickishness comes natural, like it does for me, folks such as yourself have posted enuff info to get a person with decent reading comprehension on the road to improving their Dyna without asking).

Have to point that most styling notes started out as attempts to improve performance in one way or another. Bobbers came from folks cutting off large amounts of sheet metal as the cheapest, easiest way to make bikes go faster and handle better; apes from guys getting older and no longer tolerating the shoulder/neck pain of lower bars, and lowered bikes from short guys dropping their too tall bikes in front of chicks they were hoping to impress....

Old 03-28-2015, 01:36 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy reading the convos posted here. Even when someone comes trying to start some ruckus, this crew maintains relative maturity.

Im going for a bit of a mix on my bike. I raised it, rather than lowering.

Im gonna try the tank lift and think it'll flow nicely if I can get the headlight/ fairing up some. Im gonna try spacers to raise the light or have my buddy machine me a different bracket, altogether. Ill have to get different brackets to mount up top. I think getting it higher will direct the wind over top of my head also.

Im hesitant as sh*t to put my forwards on cause if I don't like them thats kind of a big job.

Problem is, any ride worth talking about provokes a SH*TTY cramp in my left hip flexor.

I did get the Ness direct bolt on LED rear signals and am FUKN STOKED about that. Now Ive gotta fig out the fronts.

My buddy (Blue Suede) said he put in some cams and it made a helluva difference but I got on a cruiser to STOP the temptation of twisting the screw as much.

:endramble...

I appreciate everyones insight here. Keep it comin.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:30 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Two question on T-bars
also I have a FXDXT... will these clear the windshield with the gauges or can I see the gauges if I still mount them low
I can't answer the windshield question for certain but at 6'4" the 16" will not be in your line of vision. the windshield angle is adjustable I believe so your probably good on that front too but I can't speak from experience.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:38 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Two question on T-bars
It's gonna depend on how high you mount the gauges. If you get em up high enough to clear the center bar, you can see em just fine. I had mine mounted low for a while...you can still see em but visibility is limited. Unless you go completely above the windshield, you will have to adjust it forward just a hair to clear the gauges. You'll also need an extension for the tach cable that runs back up under the seat. Can't comment on the line of vision with the bars as I'm only 5'11" with 12s

Old 03-28-2015, 06:19 PM
marile1
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Thug life baby! haha not sure what you'd call mine but I like it.

I have the same fairing 09 super glide

Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dudshep31
It's gonna depend on how high you mount the gauges. If you get em up high enough to clear the center bar, you can see em just fine. I had mine mounted low for a while...you can still see em but visibility is limited. Unless you go completely above the windshield, you will have to adjust it forward just a hair to clear the gauges. You'll also need an extension for the tach cable that runs back up under the seat. Can't comment on the line of vision with the bars as I'm only 5'11" with 12s
There's no guaranty that at 6'4" the 16" t bars will fit Captain Hook. Most of the difference in height between people is due to leg length, not torso length. Thus, when sitting on a bike, much of the height difference is negated and people are much closer to the same relative height (waist up). I would politely recommend that Captain Hook measure out where the 16" tall bars would put his hands, and then sit on the bike with hands in that position to get a better feel. Better yet, find some bikes with various height t bars and try them out.

Better to know for sure before spending a lot of money.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

I'm 6'3" and have 14" T-bars...

They are well below my line of sight.
I considered 16's, but I'm happy that I stayed with the 14's.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 AM
msandman77
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got some work done on my 07 FXDB.

Name:  _D8C3940-ZF-8464-67267-2-001_zpscnrb5uoh.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  156.6 KB

Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bullast
I enjoy reading the convos posted here. Even when someone comes trying to start some ruckus, this crew maintains relative maturity.

Im going for a bit of a mix on my bike. I raised it, rather than lowering.

Im gonna try the tank lift and think it'll flow nicely if I can get the headlight/ fairing up some. Im gonna try spacers to raise the light or have my buddy machine me a different bracket, altogether. Ill have to get different brackets to mount up top. I think getting it higher will direct the wind over top of my head also.

Im hesitant as sh*t to put my forwards on cause if I don't like them thats kind of a big job.

Problem is, any ride worth talking about provokes a SH*TTY cramp in my left hip flexor.

I did get the Ness direct bolt on LED rear signals and am FUKN STOKED about that. Now Ive gotta fig out the fronts.

My buddy (Blue Suede) said he put in some cams and it made a helluva difference but I got on a cruiser to STOP the temptation of twisting the screw as much.

:endramble...

I appreciate everyones insight here. Keep it comin.
Before you go through all the hassle of putting forwards on, you might wanna try some mini-floorboards or a bmx pedal conversion. San Diego Customs makes a pretty cool, adjustable mini that will give you a little more room. I prefer bmx pedals because I like that they spin.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's