Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Another) Question about PC V

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Dragon5
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Another) Question about PC V

Hey everyone,

I posted this in the electrical/ignition/tuner etc. forum, but I figure you guys may be able to help. I am looking for a better map or advice for my Power Commander V. Here's the setup:

2009 FXDC
SE Air Filter
V&H Short Shots Staggered
Power Commander V

I Haven't got the bike dyno tuned yet so the Dealership set me up with this:

2009 Harley Davidson Dyna*Advanced Map*
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered exhaust
Screamin Eagle Air filter
Rev Xtend Enabled
Fuel Table 1 is front cylinder

I talked to Dynojet and he told me to use this:

2009 Harley Davidson Dyna models
Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust (standard baffles)
Screamin' Eagle air filter
Stock ECM
Table 1 is front cylinder

I get some popping and what I call ruffling (ruffle ruffle ruffle) on decel on the first one pretty bad. Also it seems like my idle is a bit high, but it could just be my paranoia.

On the second one, it seems like my idle is a bit lower and the pipes sound a bit deeper too. There is still the ruffling on decel but I think the bike has less power as well.

I've tested them out back to back, and can't tell which is better (or better for the bike for that matter).

My question is: Does anyone have the same setup as me that had their bike dyno tuned, or have a good variation of either of these that they tuned themselves? I am not really savvy with the whole power commander thing and am looking for a better option until I can scrape up the cash for a dyno tune.

Thanks

Old 11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My experience dynojet maps work fine,but fuel moto's pack a little more punch. Also useing more fuel but hey waddaya want right? Fuel moto's Jamie also told me a dyno for a stage 1 bike is sorta un-necessary. Change your baffles or anything in your set-up and your 300+$ dyno is out of whack.

Ruffle sound is normal,and popping on zero throttle is also normal especially if you stretch your gears out and let her off hard to shift. I was hung up at first ,but now I quite enjoy it! Go with whichever map feels better,check your plugs after 100 miles or so to make sure nothing is ab-normal. White plugs = bad. Brown to dark grey or black = good.Good luck.