Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me make my bike into a 70's Bobber!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Like this?

Attached Thumbnails Help me make my bike into a 70's Bobber!-styling01_b.jpg  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

1 word when i think 70's... FLAKE!!!! and lots of it!!! i would powder the whole thing in bass boat flake colors on the tins... some black, some chorme... got to get rid of the turn sigs... new headlight, make it a bottom mount... oversized fork tubes...

Old 11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
RoadShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been told many times mine has that 70's look.

And thats a good thing cause thats what I like.

Now I just need to work up my 7" headlight and get some old school motocross pegs set up and it will...........well it still wont be done but I'll have fun working on it.

MS

Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sweet ride ...

Didn't do away with the turn signals ... just minimized them ... (very well done) ....

Dig those custom-fabbed rear fender struts ... and the nicely bobbed rear fender ....

Not quite able to make out what year, but being Twin Cam, appears to be of 2000 or later vintage and earlier than about 2006 (since it's carbed) ....

Appears to be 35mm front end (with fender 'tabs' cut off) ... with the visor headlight ....

The battery doesn't appear to be in its stock location ... would be interested in a view of the other side as well since the electrical box doesn't appear to be intact either .... a nice looking manner of minimizing the profile of the battery (could be turned sideways) with a cover fabbed over the original stock location ....

A smaller 'mustang' gas tank or Sportster (more of a peanut shape; not the 'king' style that you frequently see) ... and no speedo (or possibly a smaller LED hidden somewhere) ....

Really cool bike ....

R/
'Chop

The following users liked this post:
Mabilodeau (08-10-2018)
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

I've typed a response to this thread 4 times now and can't figure out a way to not sound like an *******. You need to read. Learn more about motorcycle history and find out what you really like. The image you have in your head (goofy red wheels, white walls, pipe wrap and flat black) is Not a bobber and does not look "ol' skool". Your bike will never look old, because it is not. Customize your bike if you like, but accept it for what it is and work with that. If you truly want an older styled bike, sell that twin cam and go buy one. You could buy a fantastic shovel or even a nice pan for what you sell it for.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
RoadShark
Road Captain

I agree with CP for the most part.

Although, wanting a new bike with old school flavor is just fine in my book but if you want a 70's bobber you need to start with a chain driven shovel IMO........which I have in the garage as well

Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
07fxdb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll go a long way putting on a Peanut tank off of an 883, imho, offing front fender, chopping rear

Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Finally, people who get it. You can go with an old school motif with your new bike. Thats cool and thats a great thing. But if its not old, its not old school. Lamas bike is about as bobbed as a bike can get and still have suspension. I friggen like it. Do what you like with your bike, thats really the point...isn't it. But if you want a bike from the 70's, but a Shovel.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:15 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your photoshop skills rock!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loose the front fender and maybe chop the rear.

Quick Reply: Help me make my bike into a 70's Bobber!