Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grips and pegs for Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
gseely
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grips and pegs for Fat Bob

Any suggestions for grips and pegs for a vivid black Fat Bob? I know: Get what you like -- but I have trouble telling what I like until it's already on the bike.

I'm considering either the narrow- or wide-band billet grips/pegs, or perhaps a combination of the two, but I'm wide open to suggestions.

I bought my Nightster with wide-band billet grips, and narrow-band billet pegs, and they look fine on that bike, but it's silver and black denim.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

depends what style you want to go for...

the black diamond grips from harley look great.

also PM renthals look about the same and are real comfortable.

if you dont want to go for the all black look, i love the silencer grips from harley.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any really close up pics but I have the Kuryakyn "Pilot" grips and pegs (with stirrups). I really like the pegs for the most part but they look "cheaper" than I thought they would look (website makes them look nicer) and the passenger pegs are pencil skinny. I also do not care much for the comfort of the grips.

The most comfortable grips I have had in the past were the HD "Nostalgia" grips. Black rubber and very basic, nice old school look. I will be getting more of those hopefully from Santa in a couple of weeks and the jury is still out on the pegs....for me.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the HD Diamond grips and pegs on my superGlide if you want to see what they look like.

Attached Thumbnails Grips and pegs for Fat Bob-grips.jpg   Grips and pegs for Fat Bob-grips2.jpg  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:38 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all about what you like and what is comfortable. I just picked up the Avon Contour Chrome grips shown below - not installed yet. Very soft and comfortable feeling but the picture doesnt' do justice to the rubber part of the grip that has a nice diamond pattern embedded in it. I like them because they are black with chrome. These will be my 4th set of grips including the stock ones. My second set were the billet with the wide rubber bands and I liked the look but the comfort was the worst of any I've had. As for pegs, I have the Kuryakyn Widows, also show below. I like them because I replaced iso pegs with stirrups with them and they are nice and wide without needing the stirrups and the ISO rubber dampens vibration very well.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:41 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

I too have the Diamond collection on my Fat Bob. Look great but 2 complaints. #1 - metal handgrips get very cold and #2 - Skinny metal pegs with no rubber traction pads get very slippery when wet. Can't beat the look though. IMO

Old 12-12-2009, 09:44 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your not in a hurry, I got some insider info that a set of barely used narrow-band billet pegs w/ shifter peg & brake pad will be going up for sale in the near future.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I see no need for pegs . . . the standard are comfortable and durable enough.

I went with Nostalgic Grips and LOVE them. Hate the stock grips, and these are big and comfortable to grab, I feel very confident with these on the bars.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

pm renthal grips....pegs.....http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0
or definitely get a peg with stirrups for the driver portion, much more comfortable than just a skinny peg.

Last edited by rounder; 12-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:44 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I keep hearing good thngs about these pm renthal grips people seems to really like them.
I just put on some new grips the other day. I went with arlen ness soft touch grips. They have avon rubber and look well pretty much like the picture of the avons above. I picked them because I wanted a skinnier grip with comfortable rubber. They are all over ebay new for around 50-55. Pretty good deal, I thought.

Quick Reply: Grips and pegs for Fat Bob