Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control for super glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 AM
meechx
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control for super glide

Can you order a 2010 super glide with factory cruise control? If not, does anyone else offer electronic cruise control that will work on a super glide?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I have no idea why, but it's no to the factory install. HD doesn't even offer a kit for the Dyna. They do make some decent after market ones but as far as I know there is no what I would call a real cruise control available for a Dyna. I would love to have one my self. Maybe some one can help out more then I could and find one.... good luck.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Exclamation Throttle

Originally Posted by meechx
Can you order a 2010 super glide with factory cruise control? If not, does anyone else offer electronic cruise control that will work on a super glide?
You should have a manual twist **** under your right switch control it , the more you twist it the more harder it is to turn the throttle , be careful about how tight you want it just in case you have to back off in an emergency !

Old 01-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got cruise on my FLHTC and think I've used it once or twice in over a year. You certainly may be different but I'd give it a good deal of thought about when/where I think I'd use it before spending the time and $$.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer told me some have installed the touring cruise control on Dynas, but it has a bulky control unit that can't be inconspicuously located. Not recommended. I rented a Road King with cruise and it is awesome. Never thought I'd even use it. Hope they come out with one one day!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by meechx
I was looking into this also... for my 08 FXDF. I changed my bars and used a set of throttle cables from a Road King which had an electrical connector attached to it... & thats what got me thinking.

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I have no idea why, but it's no to the factory install. HD doesn't even offer a kit for the Dyna. They do make some decent after market ones but as far as I know there is no what I would call a real cruise control available for a Dyna. I would love to have one my self. Maybe some one can help out more then I could and find one.... good luck.
But HD does make a cruise control kit for FLH models.
The parts guy at my local dealer printed off the instructions sheet for HD part #77197-07 for FLHR / #77198-07 for Road Kings. http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/ad...6e361c952f6766

Originally Posted by dfredb
Dealer told me some have installed the touring cruise control on Dynas, but it has a bulky control unit that can't be inconspicuously located. Not recommended. I rented a Road King with cruise and it is awesome. Never thought I'd even use it. Hope they come out with one one day!
The cruise control unit doesn't look all that 'bulky'... the instructions have it mounted to the side of the Road King battery box.
The other major part of the kit are left & right control switch housings; complete with all switches, wires & plugs.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
yso191
Club Member

I haven't done it yet, but this is what I plan to get:

http://www.cruise-mate.com/Products_Harley.htm

I presume it will work as advertised. And I don't expect to use it very often, but it would be nice on a long cruise to be able to move my right arm and shoulder occasionally. So for $50, I'd say it is worth it.

I absolutley HATE the stock wheel. I'd love to stare at the guy who thought of that solution with a puzzled look on my face...

Steve

Old 01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! $50.00 seems like a lot for a little toggle switch! It looks like something similar could be fabricated from stuff bought at the local hardware, but of course, I could be wrong.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats what i was thinking about yesterday while riding, be nice to have a lever that was very easy to tighten and loosen the install throttle lock. be a lot easier than trying to twist that star with your thumb, and a lot quicker to flip loose with your index finger. I going to fabricate myself something.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Got this last week for $10.
http://www.barefootwillies.com/index...&products_id=7

It works as advertised, but may get caught up/turned on when wearing thick winter gloves. Easily removed as well if needed.

BTW Their cup holders are great, about $22. Far better than the Kustom Kaddy that HD stealerships sell for $40. My Kustom Kaddy broke off after 4 months of use. It was under 1 yr warranty so got a replacement and gave it away just yesterday.
Bought the Bare Foot ******* cup holder for my Super Glide since the one on my Gold Wing is still in like new condition after 3 years of use.

Quick Reply: cruise control for super glide