Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chubby WO560 Low Profile Drag Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
QehQeh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chubby WO560 Low Profile Drag Bars

Hi All:
Does anyone have these on there Dyna? I'd like to know what lengths throttle/idle cables, front brake line, and clutch cable I'll need. My 06 street bob has 12" apes installed by the previous owner, and I'm assuming the cables will be too long.
Thanks for any help,
QehQeh

Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How tall are you, those bars have alot of pull back my wife has those bars and I can't ride her bike for any length of time

Attached Thumbnails chubby WO560 Low Profile Drag Bars-sept.-14-2009-098.jpg   chubby WO560 Low Profile Drag Bars-lowrider-004.jpg  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:20 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My wife has those too. I find that it feels kind of like riding a dirt bike as you sit so far upright and your elbows almost stick out to the sides. Quite comfy with standard controls.

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 01-19-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roofer
How tall are you, those bars have alot of pull back my wife has those bars and I can't ride her bike for any length of time
I'm 6' but I like to cruise with my arms pretty much down at my sides. I've also heard that it's not healthy to have your arms elevated above heart level for long periods.

DR. V-TWIN: Thanks much. I called and talked with Al. He was very helpful and I think I have the info I need now.

Thanks much,
qehqeh

Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 PM
roofer
Road Master

I think you will be very cramped with the 560's if I were you I would look at the 500's I'm short and I feel very cramped up on her bike and I also have a lowrider same year as her's

Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roofer
I think you will be very cramped with the 560's if I were you I would look at the 500's I'm short and I feel very cramped up on her bike and I also have a lowrider same year as her's
Possibly... I just closed my eyes and placed my hands where they felt comfortable. The 560's are the closest I've found to that position. I do ride most of the time on the mid pegs. We'll see how they feel on a long trip though... I hope you're not right!
QehQeh

Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
roofer
Road Master

Good luck, let me know how you like them

Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
TheAddiction
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm seriously considering these on my 2010 Superglide. I'm 5' 5" with T-Rex arms so the stock bars keep me either leaning forward slightly or my arms are almost locked at the elbows and it gets uncomfortable after a short while. From what I have read the WO560's fit most bikes without changing cables. Can anyone verify that on the Superglide ?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheAddiction
I'm seriously considering these on my 2010 Superglide. I'm 5' 5" with T-Rex arms so the stock bars keep me either leaning forward slightly or my arms are almost locked at the elbows and it gets uncomfortable after a short while. From what I have read the WO560's fit most bikes without changing cables. Can anyone verify that on the Superglide ?
I just got finished yesterday with the installation. The bike had 12" apes and I had to install new shorter cables. The cable lengths are below. I would bet that the stock cables would work. I would just install the bars and see if the stock cables fit.

Clutch Cable 62"
Throttle Cable 30"
Idle Cable 30"
Brake Line 44"

I don't know what the stock cable lengths are but you could go an inch or two over these lengths and still be OK. I wouldn't go any shorter than these except maybe the brake line. The 44" is just about perfect.

I REALLY like these bars! With the 12" apes I always felt like I was riding the bike by remote control. I'm a little over 6 foot and I don't feel cramped at all with the 14" of pullback. Maybe it's just my riding style.
I would think (with you at 5' 5") these would be a big improvement for you over the stock pullback.
I see that you're in Las Vegas - if you get out to the LA/OC area soon, come by and check out the fit on my bike.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAddiction
I just put the Carlini Super Sweeps on my Super Glide which are very similiar to the 560's. The clutch cable worked fine, and I was able to make the brake line work. The throttle cable could of been made to work but the idle cable was to short. I went ahead and went +2 on both of them which was around 30 1/2 (dont remember exact but was 30 something).

Quick Reply: chubby WO560 Low Profile Drag Bars