Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNA Oil Coolers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Unfortunately, those types don't work with bikes with the EVAP Canister!

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Removing the vapor canister:
The single hose on the right side of the bike from the vapor canister goes up under the tank and doesn't connect to anything it is just a breather hose you can just pull it out.

On the left side of the bike you have two hose's coming off of the canister. The canister is labeled carb / tank, disconnect the tank hose and follow it up the frame to a little vapor valve, remove hose from the bottom of this little vapor valve and remove the hose. This is now your 49 state tank vent, you can also get the 49 state vent hose that connects to the vapor valve and runs up under the tank, it is in the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) item 13 on page 90 P/N 27296-04A TUBE, VALVE TO ATMOSPHERE and a retaining clip item 7 P/N 10113 CLIP, DOUBLE HOSE.

Disconnect the carb hose from the vapor canister, this line goes up the frame and under the tank to a connection behind the top left side of the air cleaner, it connects to the intake manifold, disconnect and put a cap on the port of the intake. (In the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) on page 20 they list a cap plug item 21 P/N 90383-98 CAP PLUG, INDUCTION MODULE that might be the one to use.) This hose is difficult to remove, I took off the rubber hose from the plastic tube by the intake and pulled the hose out from the front of the tank and broke off a clip that supports a harness that comes out of the bottom of the tank, but I was able to ty-wrap that harness to another harness under the tank near the frame. If you cut the plastic tube end off that has the ridge, it will not hang up on anything and it will just slide out.

The vapor canister bracket has a clip that you depress and then the canister can slide off the bracket. Loosen the two allen head bolts that hold the bracket on to the frame, remove top bolt then rotate bracket and put the bolt back in and tighten it down, then remove lower bolt and bracket, reinstall lower bolt and tighten it down.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is some good information on oil coolers (see video #2)

http://www.heavydutycycles.com/#techtv.html

I like the old Merch cooler.....I wish I had bought one before they went under. It was a oil cooler/filter assembly that replaced the stock oil filter flange and had some large fins on the filter housing. It was available in black, polished, or chrome. It used a cleanable filter element with the same 10 micron filtering ability as a stock filter element. May not have been the most effective cooler, but was certainly the cleanest install, with no external hoses.

Tech23

Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed a Jagg before a summer run from Tacoma to San Jose...sure glad I had it as I was cruising south of Redding in 113 degree temps. I even saw temps over 100 at home this last summer.

The first pic shows the adapter that goes between your filter and engine. It breaks out the supply and return lines that you plumb to the cooler. I think this model Jagg blends well with the look of the engine on the Wide.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

I use a Jagg thermostat and an old shovelhead Lockhart oil cooler mounted on the front downtubes in the airstream. It bolts right up to the hole that's already there. Looks like it was made to go there and it works.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to install one, but the Jagg would be my pick

Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Those Jagg coolers look like radiators attached to the bikes. I like the HD cooler (made by Jagg I think) for it out of the way install.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultracool Oil Cooler

Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ultracoolfl.com/floilcooler.php

It would seem that having a fan with the cooler design would make sense especially in stop and go traffic. I'm researching oil coolers for my Street Bob. We don't have a lot of triple digit days in Orygun, but when we do, the engine definitely warms up. An oil cooler couldn't hurt, especially with a thermostat controlled fan and flow.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BugDr
Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ultracoolfl.com/floilcooler.php

It would seem that having a fan with the cooler design would make sense especially in stop and go traffic. I'm researching oil coolers for my Street Bob. We don't have a lot of triple digit days in Orygun, but when we do, the engine definitely warms up. An oil cooler couldn't hurt, especially with a thermostat controlled fan and flow.
not for dyna's....

Old 01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
johnd5412
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premium HD oil cooler....about 1.5 - 2 hr install max. With its assistance and AMSOIL, filter heat sink, and IED's I have lowered my oil temp from 260 deg avg to 207-210 deg. i ride an 07 WG.

Quick Reply: DYNA Oil Coolers