Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels on my FB Sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Wheels on my FB Sugestions?

Hey guys so I am finishing up my winter mods, so far everything got powdercoated working on my new rear fender thanks to someone on the forum should have that soon... So I am ordering some new wheels this week going with black Hubs and Rims Silver Spokes staying with 16's front and rear. My stock tires are new but I was thinking of getting new tires since I wanted to go to a 160 front tire.

Do you guys think its worth doing the 160 in the front or keep the stock 130. New tires are gonna run me about $500 for a new 180 rear and a 160 front my stock HD tires only have 900 miles on them, basically I am trying to figure out if its worth swapping a 130 for a 160 is it gonna really look better or not.

Also thinking of going to a single disk in the front what do you guys think figure it will look better and you can see more wheel ofcourse with only a single disk. Not sure if braking is gonna be a issue going down to one disk anybody do this or have any suggestions on this?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait until you use up your 130 before you go to a 160 and definitely KEEP the dual disk.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:45 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well I'd keep the dual disc, and I'd use up the tire before buying another.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd keep the dual disks ! That's one of the best features of the fat bob . And ,I'd go with aluminum wheels , if I were buying . Something from performance machine , or RSD .

Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
I'd keep the dual disks ! That's one of the best features of the fat bob . And ,I'd go with aluminum wheels , if I were buying . Something from performance machine , or RSD .
Yep, what he said... +1

Old 01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
mikel61101
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Los11
Hey guys so I am finishing up my winter mods, so far everything got powdercoated working on my new rear fender thanks to someone on the forum should have that soon... So I am ordering some new wheels this week going with black Hubs and Rims Silver Spokes staying with 16's front and rear. My stock tires are new but I was thinking of getting new tires since I wanted to go to a 160 front tire.

Do you guys think its worth doing the 160 in the front or keep the stock 130. New tires are gonna run me about $500 for a new 180 rear and a 160 front my stock HD tires only have 900 miles on them, basically I am trying to figure out if its worth swapping a 130 for a 160 is it gonna really look better or not.

Also thinking of going to a single disk in the front what do you guys think figure it will look better and you can see more wheel ofcourse with only a single disk. Not sure if braking is gonna be a issue going down to one disk anybody do this or have any suggestions on this?
So what are you going to sell me your old black wheels for??? with or without tires...

Old 01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Might I suggest the possibility of going to 18" wheels? If your set on keeping them 16's thats cool, but If I spent that kinda money on new wheels, I would want to show them off. Just seems to me that with 16's, the rotors cover to much of the wheel. Just my .02

Old 01-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies, I really want to stay with 16's and keep that exile style look of big tires small wheel I just like it. As for going with PM style wheels for one 16's are not worth it and they dont look right you have to go 18 rear 21 front when you use that type of wheel in my opinion.. I think you guys are right on the tires I should just run mine to the ground before I get new ones.

Now here is a question looking at my bike now and picture it with a new rear chopped fender so its gonna look even more custom. Would you guys suggest using the $1500 budget I have to get new wheels or to do a Big Bore Kit like the 106 S&S and a cam. The reason I ask is cause I just got the wheels powder coated and not sure if spoke wheels are gonna make such a big difference you know.. What do you guys think

Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Failz
Tourer

I feel like such a douche....I saw FB and thought Facebook before Fat Boy. FML

Old 01-27-2010, 12:15 PM
mikel61101
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though I like your wheels and want to buy them I think they look great on the bike so I would keep them stick a 200 on the back and do the bore kit... but if you ever sell your wheels let me know

Quick Reply: New Wheels on my FB Sugestions?