Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish to hear comments on pillion or two up seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
MARCUS 79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish to hear comments on pillion or two up seats

Wish to hear comments or suggestions between a passenger pillion or a two up seat. Which of the two you think the girly would feel a good comfy ride and which of the two options would you think the bike looks best since with the pillion I like best there is the rack which must stay fixed to the bike 24hour even if you remove the pillion seat. A two up seat or a passenger pillion on a 2010 Street Bob you like best?

Attached Thumbnails Wish to hear comments on pillion or two up seats-deep-bucket.jpg   Wish to hear comments on pillion or two up seats-detachable-passenger-pillion.jpg  
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Since you asked, I'll give you an opinion.
You need to decide what's more important to you, good looks or passenger comfort.
No matter what anybody says, your girlfriend/wife will be the only one that can determine what is comfortable.

I went with the Harley touring seat on our Fat Bob. It's pretty close to the Sundowner you listed.
Of course, the removable passenger pillion allows you to remove it for best "bike looks" but it will compromise the ride comfort somewhat.

With the touring seat on the Fat Bob, wife can handle 300 mile rides with no problems. I kept the factory seat for the rare times she isn't with me.
She wouldn't ride 5 miles on that seat, but it sure looks good.

Now, if your "girl" is a young petite type she would probably be happy with whatever you chose just to go riding with you.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

I had a pillion seat first but got a great price on a Sundowner seat. Wife likes the new seat. I just leave that seat in place because I like the comfort for longer rides. I am slowly losing my natural cushion, so I need the better seat.
My ride is a 2007 SB.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

About 5years ago went with a Sundowner and a different back rest pad on my 02 FXD, The wife hasn't had one negative word about them. Our recent 1300 mile trip to NY state and back and no problems with the seat, driver or passenger.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my wife loved the sundowner on my last bike, hates the pillion I have now. She only rides once in a while so oh well.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both my wife and daughter did not rate the Harley pillion pad that goes with the 07 Street Bob. Ok for about an hour, then lots of squirming. I have promised an up grade but.....

Old 01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my wife is comfortable all day long on the pillion seen in my sig picture below. H-D seats suck compared to what you can get aftermarket. Why put an ugly oversized seat on your bike, you can have comfort and looks! If your willing to put a big seat on the bike, just get something like a mustang squareback. loads of comfort an don't look butt ugly!

Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted a similiar thread not too long ago...I have an 09 bob...I'm down to the Harley sidekick custom or the Harley brown solo seat with brown pillion (and I think that's what I'm going with)...I don't want to have something that I'm gonna be taking on or off...my scoot is my scoot so the pillion is just for short trips...I really don't like plush comfortable seats because the change the look ride dramatically...quick way to goof off a bike is to put an ugly seat on it...furthermore, I want my ride to look good at all times (even when I have a passenger)...I think that pillion that sits on the rack is just too much...but as someone said earlier...you have to decide between looks and comfort...I'm fairly young so I'm still going with looks...My beautiful, wonderful, loving wife can ride with me and put up with some discomfort...or follow in her cage...ultimately it's my bob...(I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum)

Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Sundowner 2up but if I could do it over again I probably would have bought the Sundowner solo seat and pillion assuming they feel the same.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Mustang vintage wide with the 12 inch pillion. I ride an 02 wide glide and have 95k miles on the bike. Almost all the miles with the mustang. Wife has ridden about 75k with me but I had to get it because she couldn't get 100mi with the stock seat. The mustang is just now beginning to lose some of its cushioning and I am going to get it re-foamed soon. Looks pretty good and has given very good service, especially for 2-up

Quick Reply: Wish to hear comments on pillion or two up seats