Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Jiffy Stand

Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
purvissp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dyna Jiffy Stand

Just bought a 2010 Dyna and there is one small thing that bothers me, the jiffy stand. It seems to me it does not go down far enough. You have to be very careful that the thing is all of the way down. I always put it down, try to roll the bike backwards and then be sure it is in gear to feel somewhat safe it will not fall over. I ask the service guy at the dealership and he just said welcome to the Dyna.

Is this just normal for all Dyna’s or is there any way to adjust how far the stand goes down?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Hooker 6
Tourer

I'm glad I'm not going nuts. I bought a 2002 Lowrider and after riding a Heritage for some time, I also thought the kick stand (I still can't say jiffy with a straight face) was not fully extended. When I had it seviced, I asked the mechanic. Same answer as yours. I guess its part of the Dyna tradition!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know if the 2010's are the same design as the 2000 but I think I know what you're saying. I always toe it with my boot to make sure it's extended all the way forward. Ten years and it hasn't tipped over yet. (Hope I didn't just jinx my self!)

Originally Posted by purvissp
Just bought a 2010 Dyna and there is one small thing that bothers me, the jiffy stand. It seems to me it does not go down far enough. You have to be very careful that the thing is all of the way down. I always put it down, try to roll the bike backwards and then be sure it is in gear to feel somewhat safe it will not fall over. I ask the service guy at the dealership and he just said welcome to the Dyna.

Is this just normal for all Dyna’s or is there any way to adjust how far the stand goes down?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
weeT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, too, am glad to hear I'm not the only one. On my 2002 FXDL, only the front edge hits the ground, not the whole 'flat' part that looks like it should be on the ground. I thought it wasn't going all the way down for some reason. The tab on the stand hits the stop on the frame before the flat part of the stand is flat on the floor. This is normal??

Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm...... I wonder if there is an adjustment because my 2009 FXDC goes past
straight down to actually be a bit forward. The entire "flat" is on the ground.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:19 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grind down the tab the hits the frame a little, that will give it more lean. You only need to grind about 1/4 inch.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Glydiator
Tourer

I was lookin at an 02 low rider and the kickstand just barely held the bike up... it had fallen over on the showroom floor a couple times the salesman said.

Mine goes farther forward and seems to be fine.

Agree with thedonthere....only a qrtr inch.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always toe the kickstand to ensure it's all the way down. Not doing so is sheer laziness and asking for trouble.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
JunkHead
Cruiser

If you look at it you will see that there is a notch on the stand that locks into place so the stand wont just collapse. You have to take the weight of the bike off of the stand before you can release it.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Bobbed Out
Tourer

someone recently taught me a decent trick which helped a little

heat it up with a torch and give it a good tug so it'll lean a little more

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna Jiffy Stand