Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new tank

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Got my new tank

My new tank came in today and its in really good shape. No dents just like the guy said and the paint is pretty good shape as well. Some minor marks but wouldnt be terrible if i had to bolt it on as is.

I havent got any prices yet on getting the tank painted so i am wondering on what to expect price range.

What would be a average price for just vivid black.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a local guy here shot mine for 125.00 looks great too...

Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything in the $200 area would be fair but don't let 'em take advantage of you. Be very clear that you expect a perfect shot of paint, no orange peel, no cateyes, no swirls. Then when you pick it up make sure you are happy or show him where he f***ed up and make him fix it.

I had a painter bit**ing and moaning about fixing his errors and he said he was doing me a favor getting my job out so quick. I told him for $200 there are no favors, then I learned how to paint myself and haven't had a single complaint from my customers since, lol.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
HDMike96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
Anything in the $200 area would be fair but don't let 'em take advantage of you. Be very clear that you expect a perfect shot of paint, no orange peel, no cateyes, no swirls. Then when you pick it up make sure you are happy or show him where he f***ed up and make him fix it.

I had a painter bit**ing and moaning about fixing his errors and he said he was doing me a favor getting my job out so quick. I told him for $200 there are no favors, then I learned how to paint myself and haven't had a single complaint from my customers since, lol.

True statement, hold them quality work. Also look for dirt nubs. Suggest looking at finished product under halogen lights....lost for words but yeah.....oh and also maybe JRK could do it for you hes running a special i read now till march?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by bberck
My new tank came in today and its in really good shape. No dents just like the guy said and the paint is pretty good shape as well. Some minor marks but wouldnt be terrible if i had to bolt it on as is.

If there are no dents or bad paint chips, I'd buff it out. Clay bar it and a little 3M polishing compound and a foam buffing wheel might make it look like new.
Just my $.02

Ron

Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
If there are no dents or bad paint chips, I'd buff it out. Clay bar it and a little 3M polishing compound and a foam buffing wheel might make it look like new.
Just my $.02

Ron
Problem isnt with the paint but I want it to be solid black. Its a LR tank so it has pinstrip around it and the decals on the side that have the clear over them.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:07 PM
fixxr
Road Captain

Take a razor blade to it and you can take the stickers and stripes and all the clear off in about an hour.I just did it to a tank I got on E-bay.A quick sand job and your ready to seal n paint!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by bberck
Problem isnt with the paint but I want it to be solid black. Its a LR tank so it has pinstrip around it and the decals on the side that have the clear over them.
Ahhhh...are you using the LR dash and tank mounting the speedo too?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:41 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
Ahhhh...are you using the LR dash and tank mounting the speedo too?
I ordered the 08 SE/2010 WG dash for the the tank. I wanted to put the speedo in the tank but also add a ignition switch.

All ready sold my tank and my SE handlebar set-up and ordered some Carlini Super sweep baps to put back on.