Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto EFI Tuner vs PC3 vs PC5

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto EFI Tuner vs PC3 vs PC5

Ok, I searched around and could not really find much on the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner.

Does anyone have it? From what I can read, it is the same as a PC 3. I am going to be running Thunderheaders and AN Big Sucker Stage 1. I dont plan to do any cam work or anything like that anytime soon! So what i am being told is I dont need to go with a PC V, that a PC II or the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner will do just fine..can anyone comment on this and give me some advice. Especially people that have the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you planning to have it dyno tune, or are going to run a canned map?

You will find plenty of happy customers for each. There is a thread around on the Fuel Moto tuner. The Fuel Moto tuner is basically a private label PC, not sure which PC version.

PCs disable the O2 sensors, so you loose the ECU's ability to adapt. They can be tuned for good power, and are simple for some to instal and run.

You should look at the TTS tuning kit for the 2009, if you want to do a near spot on tune yourself without adding hardware. It will cost you roughly $100 more than the PCs, but I think well worth it.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not an expert but from what I've read the Fuel Moto module is the same as the PCIII. And Fuel Moto preload a map according to what exhaust and what air intake you put on your specific bike.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

The Fuelmoto PC only lacks the buttons which you don't need for your application.
It will come with a map and Jamie offers future changes if needed.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
The Fuelmoto PC only lacks the buttons which you don't need for your application.
Sorry I have to ask....which buttons?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

There are 3 buttons on my PCIII that let you adjust the fuel in the low, mid and high rpm ranges.

You press the buttons to either lower or raise the fuel in those areas. I've probably used it once just to see what happened and never touched it again. The buttons are just a quick way to do a rough adjustment to the fuel and it is much better to mess with tweaking the map on your computer instead because you can be a lot more specific in your adjustments.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 AM
classicbaggertony
1st Gear

I just got the Fuel Moto module for my 07 rkc. I have true duals to Thunderheader slip ons and a big sucker kit. Jamie hooked me up with super fast delivery , and the bike runs like a raped ape!!! I had the vance and hines on before and they couldn't dial it in to save their a**! Either way you go you cant beat the Fuel Moto products!!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried asking Jamie at FuelMoto? They sell all three, perhaps they would know?

Originally Posted by DMV11982
Ok, I searched around and could not really find much on the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner.

Does anyone have it? From what I can read, it is the same as a PC 3. I am going to be running Thunderheaders and AN Big Sucker Stage 1. I dont plan to do any cam work or anything like that anytime soon! So what i am being told is I dont need to go with a PC V, that a PC II or the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner will do just fine..can anyone comment on this and give me some advice. Especially people that have the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsteve

Sorry I have to ask....which buttons?

Piginablanket is correct. One advantage to the PCV would be the ability to add the Autotune at a later date. You can read about it on the Fuelmoto site.
If you don't think you'd ever want it I think the Fuelmoto private label is fine for you.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser

Ordered my PC V today! Thanks guys..Pig, you ready for this CRAZY winter weather to be gone!! First a N'oreaster then all that snow..

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto EFI Tuner vs PC3 vs PC5