Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
Ok my take... I purchased my bike back in 07. Pre-owned I was fortunate enough to have a set of H-D Latigo throwover saddlebags installed on the bike. The latigo bags are the same dimensions as a size medium tourmaster. These things are small. Look at the capacity of the bags... 1296 cubic inches. That is split between the 2 bags. Now for the same price you can get a H-D multi fit overnight bag with 1900 cubic inches capacity for a rear rack... Well here's the kicker, The width ,length and depth of those saddle bags are not even big enough to hold a six pack of beer without taking the bottles out of the holder. Never mind a leather jacket. Hell a sweatshirt, can fill one of em up. Go out to eat and find yourself with leftovers, the box they put them in won't fit. Anyways, the size of these small bags is completely useless for carrying much of anything. Better off getting a bag for a rear rack. All the luggage space is in one piece and can fit the larger Items you may want to carry on your bike because it has enough width, length, and depth.
Yeah, I'm aware of its small size and that they won't hold much. But I'm not looking to have them hold a leather jacket or other large items, just a few smaller things that I won't be able to fit in my other sissy bar luggage when I out riding for a day or a weekend. I already have a bag similar to the one you posted (a little smaller though) for day trips, and I'm also looking at buying larger sissy bar luggage for weekend trips. These bags will just add a little extra storage. Who knows, some day I may go with larger saddle bags with brackets, but for now these should serve their purpose.

PS. When I go out to eat there are never any leftovers. LOL

Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
Yeah, I'm aware of its small size and that they won't hold much. But I'm not looking to have them hold a leather jacket or other large items, just a few smaller things that I won't be able to fit in my other sissy bar luggage when I out riding for a day or a weekend. I already have a bag similar to the one you posted (a little smaller though) for day trips, and I'm also looking at buying larger sissy bar luggage for weekend trips. These bags will just add a little extra storage. Who knows, some day I may go with larger saddle bags with brackets, but for now these should serve their purpose.

PS. When I go out to eat there are never any leftovers. LOL
yeah cool. I mostly wanted to make aware of the size of these for others that may also think of purchasing them. The price is awesome and they look like a nice enough bag, just having lived with saddlebags that size, the really were too small to bother with....
Your lucky you never have leftovers....My wife never comes close to eating a full meal at a restaurant which is why we always have leftovers...

Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

George, hold on...you have the swap meet coming up in a month or so. I'm sure you can find a set of bags cheap there. Although I checked that link you posted and those bags aren't bad looking at all.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 02-16-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 AM
krjoseph
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the small size. I'm looking for something to carry a rain suit and other misc things, so I think they'll still work for me. I agree, I need a trunk bag for traveling.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check here for a really good selection of bags including Tourmaster. I've purchased a number of items from these folks and the service is great. The prices seem to be among the best, as well.

http://www.cycleluggage.com/

BTW.... no affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check it out, the bags in this picture were roughly the same size as the Tourmasters.They were made by a company called American leather, oddly enough in Merxico but that's beside the point.I was able to carry a leather jacket in one and a flannel shirt,extra pair of gloves , a couple of bungee cords and a thermos in the other with some room to spare.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
George, hold on...you have the swap meet coming up in a month or so. I'm sure you can find a set of bags cheap there. Although I checked that link you posted and those bags aren't bad looking at all.
That's true but it's too late, I already ordered them. lol I'll buy some other goodies at the swap meet.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

That's good to know Ed. Once mine come in I'll stuff crap (not literally lol) in them ans take some photos so you guys have a better idea what they can or cannot hold. I also found these bags on the same website. Don't know how I missed them the first time I looked. They're 3 1/2 inches deeper than the other ones. 12 x 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 for only $100. I may order these too and see which ones fit best and send the other back. Here's the link.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Saddlebag.aspx

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Check it out, the bags in this picture were roughly the same size as the Tourmasters.They were made by a company called American leather, oddly enough in Merxico but that's beside the point.I was able to carry a leather jacket in one and a flannel shirt,extra pair of gloves , a couple of bungee cords and a thermos in the other with some room to spare.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:23 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck with them. They didn't look too bad.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Patsplace
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotta go with the idea of two small bags that are too small to hold much makes less sense that one larger bag. This outfit makes a nice bag and God knows, you can pack a pile of stuff in it...plus you get a back rest too.

Purchase Motorcycle Bags & Accessories from Biker's Friend

Quick Reply: Tour Master throw over saddle bags. Custom made for Dynas?