Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrow, Mid, or Wide glide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
uneasy_rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow, Mid, or Wide glide?

I am trying to weight out all of my options to get a wider front end on my 07 SG and need a little more info on Triple tree size. I was looking on Ebay for a set of Wide Glide trees and found what the seller was claiming to be for a Wide Glide, but he was not sure. He told me that the measurements are 8-1/2" center of hole to center. I measured my stock 07 Sg and mine has the same measurements. Did the 07 SG come with narrow or mid glide trees? I thought it was a narrow, but now I am confused. I know it has the 49mm forks, but beyond that I am not sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by uneasy_rider; 02-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Marksman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by uneasy_rider
I am trying to weight out all of my options to get a wider front end on my 07 SG and need a little more info on Triple tree size. I was looking on Ebay for a set of Wide Glide trees and found what the seller was claiming to be for a Wide Glide, but he was not sure. He told me that the measurements are 8-1/2" center of hole to center. I measured my stock 07 Sg and mine ihas the same measurements. Did the 07 SG come with narrow or mid glide trees? I thought it was a narrow, but now I am confused. I know it has the 49mm forks, but beyond that I am not sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm with you. I have a 99 Superglide. I have no idea what I have. I've seen so many post lately about Wide Glide trees. I think that the definition keeps changing.

Maybe someone smart can clear the air.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uneasy, you have mid glide trees stock & Marksman, you are running narrow glide.

Last edited by red devil; 02-17-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 07 dyna's came with 49mm fork tubes the large fork tubes and the MID glide front ends going up to a wide glyde front in on an 07 dyna is only going to change the front end by like 1 inch or 1.5 inchs. I have an 07 FXDC and just put on a wide glide windshield i bought off craigslist i had to make spacers for it that were 3/4 inch so i had to make up for a 1.5 inch difference. Alot of money to spend for that difference. Now if i had the older narrow glide front end with the smaller fork tubes and even narrower width then i would consider it someday but i don't plan on any change with my bike being there is not much difference. I think most are making this change so they can run the wide glide tire up front but i could be wrong. But i do know that iam right on the width is only 1.5 inch difference between the mid glide 07s and the wideglides.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
tomclark81
Intermediate

Sounds like you have a midglide. My wide glide front end measures 10" center to center, 8.5" inside to inside and 12.25" from one side of the trees to the other. These measurments were done with a tape so +/- a little. Hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a picture of my bike on the left 07 FXDC with mid glide front end and my uncles bike on the right narrow glide 04 lowrider.
100_4968.jpg?t=1266428427

Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
uneasy_rider
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys. Has anyone ran a larger wheel/tire combo with the mid-glide setup?

Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Marksman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Here is a picture of my bike on the left 07 FXDC with mid glide front end and my uncles bike on the right narrow glide 04 lowrider.

Yep. Clearly my 99 FXD is like the narrow glide on the right.
Wow the mid looks a lot wider.
I assume the tubes are smaller on the older Narrow glides?
So if I wanted to change things, I would need new tubes in addition to the trees?
Thanks

Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
uneasy_rider
Advanced

What front end does the Fatbob have?

Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

Originally Posted by uneasy_rider
What front end does the Fatbob have?
Wide Glide.

Quick Reply: Narrow, Mid, or Wide glide?