Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender permanent install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM
mudfish911
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I routed the wires from the battery back through under the seat to the left side cover. I can just slip that off, pull out the plug for the tender, job done. Plenty of room and no hassle removing seats or covers. Sorry no pics, I'm 12,000 miles from my bike, hence the need for a tender!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
damfino
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cactusred
Someone mentioned routing the pigtail back through the same routing the hot terminal goes through, I don't think I tried that (don't remember) but I think the red arrow (fuse) will not go through the opening where the white arrows are showing the hot leads routing.
I wedged the fuse on top of the battery - between the top of the battery and the top bracket and then routed the wires beside the pos cable going out the back of the battery. Again, the only way i could do that was to pull the positive cable out thru the back, insert the tender cable and then re-install the positive cable. It's now super convenient to plug in to. Hope that helps.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM
streetleon
Cruiser
Default hope this works for ya

the cables run out the back through that small space on the right side of the box with the rest of the wires, the pig tail is over by the coil.

Attached Thumbnails Battery Tender permanent install question-img_1623.jpg   Battery Tender permanent install question-img_1624.jpg   Battery Tender permanent install question-img_1625.jpg   Battery Tender permanent install question-img_1626.jpg  

Last edited by streetleon; 02-19-2010 at 10:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mirrmu (05-07-2017)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why I always see people posting issues with connecting their battery tenders. Mine was similar to this right from the dealer in '07 with the nice 2-prong connector right near the coil. Maybe it is just a dealer set-up issue and some do it others don't.
Originally Posted by streetleon
the cables run out the back through that small space on the right side of the box with the rest of the wires, the pig tail is over by the coil.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Birdman2778
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine came with it already installed by the dealer.

Mine actually is run along the sides of the battery after the (+) and (-) are connected. The plug for the tender then just dangles several inches below the battery box.

I can take a pic this weekend and post it if you're interested.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by cactusred
My 05' has the battery facing the other direction. When I take the cover off, there's nothing but the back side of the battery. Now I see what you guys are talking about with a tight space...

Old 02-19-2010, 12:53 PM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I ran the pig tail that came with the battery tender from the battery to the fuse box. I have a plug that I installed to the side of the fuse box. I use it for my heated gear and the battery tender.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
streetleon
Cruiser

gives me ideas for a different setup................damn you

Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by tomt
I ran the pig tail that came with the battery tender from the battery to the fuse box. I have a plug that I installed to the side of the fuse box. I use it for my heated gear and the battery tender.

My temp controller is mounted to my jacket. Why the other way around?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:40 PM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The controller is there to show the cable plugged into the the battery box to power my heated gear. I clip the controller to my jacket. I used this photo in another thread. I didn't feel like taking another one to show I also use it for my battery tender. I explained that in my first post.

Quick Reply: Battery Tender permanent install question