Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Boots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 AM
StreetBob08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fork Boots?

Looking on ebay for fork boots. Anyone remember what motorcycle fork boots fit the 49mm forks. I think it is a BSA but not sure. Any help.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:31 AM
t_b0ne3
Intermediate
Default From another post

quote=DougM;3187840]Success at last! I tried the 1970 Triumph gaiters first. They were too short and too thick. Also, they're not molded to fit over the sliders so they had to be stretched too much and it didn't look right; kinda like bell bottoms. I ended up tearing them trying to get them to reach the bottom of the triple trees. Thought about the Daystar shock boots but didn't want to cut them to fit. I don't think they're molded for the sliders either.

Thanks to HD Forums I learned of the new gaiters from Jammer made for the 49mm Dynas. They have 2 lengths. Short for SB, SG, LR, FB and Long for Wideglides. I ordered the short ones from my local dealer for $36. They are PERFECT! Poly instead of rubber so they aren't too thick. They're molded to slide right over the sliders so they didn't have to be stretched, and they are the perfect length. They come with the cable ties and even have a space molded in the top of the gaiter for the cable ties. The Jammer part # is 632800 for the short ones. I think my dealer ordered them through Custom Chrome.

One thing to note is that I am not using any decorative cover over my dust seals. I've seen a lot of guys either butt the gaiter up to the chrome covers or stretch the gaiter over part of the chrome. I have these install right over the sliders just like the Nightsters.

The gaiters were part of a front end conversion. I sold my chrome lowers to a forum member and used the money to finance the project. I had the stock sliders, triple trees, and headlight bucket powdercoated gloss black. I bought the 7" Fatboy headlight off Ebay for $50. This is what the stock Street Bob headlight should have looked like IMHO.

The bars are Flanders 1" Speedster that I ordered punched for internal wiring and powdercoated black. Arlen Ness mirrors. Pro Motion blackout cables (Don't waste the money. They're not gloss black. More of a see through brown.) The front end is about done now. A few more items on the wish list but I think I'll move to the back for a while. If you're looking for 49mm gaiters the Jammers are the way to go!

[/quote]

Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Tbone3 the fork gaiters and fatboy headlight kick a**!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Man that looks awesome great job love the head light

Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
nexeradg
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked for these gaiters and JP cycles has em for $80! Red ones are $40. I'll need to stop by the dealership to see if I can ****** these!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

t b0ne3 thanks for the write up. I've been looking at those gaiters for awhile and I like seeing them on someones bike.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM
sgt.tackleberry45
Cruiser

you can find them cheaper just doing a google shopping search for 49mm fork boots also call gators

Old 11-03-2010, 02:02 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgt.tackleberry45
. . . also call gators
Gaiters not gators.

Gaiters are coverings, originally for the ankles and lower legs on people. Gator is slang for alligator.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:41 AM
gus4440
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nexeradg
I just looked for these gaiters and JP cycles has em for $80! Red ones are $40. I'll need to stop by the dealership to see if I can ****** these!
$80 is the wrong price. I called and got the same quote. I went to the store in Daytona and got them for $40. The Jammer gaiters are made for the 49mm Dyna forks. They have a rib that fits in the groove on the dust cover on the slider. So there is no need to remove it.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 AM
LoveHate
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Fork Boots?