Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Talk

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Inkmann
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Talk

I am leaning towards buying a Fat Bob (09 0r 10).

Please tell me the "Good, Bad & the Ugly" about is bike.

What are the must have and must do's???

Thanks
John

Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

I love my Fat Bob! Bought it in December. Everyone's opinions are different so I can just tell you what I love about it. I was coming off a Roadster which I rode for many years mostly because I love driving the curves and I could throw it around them with ease. I wanted a bigger bike for longer rides but I didn't want to lose the "sport" feel or cornering ability. The Fat Bob is big enough to feel solid on long highway rides but also takes the curves like they're nothing.

Beyond that I really love the look. The fat front tire, Tommy-Gun exhaust and dual headlights made the perfect look for me. So its a perfect combination of looks and performance for me. I also love the comfort of the seating position and forward controls.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You will definitely gain a lot of great advice on this site.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:53 PM
blackfatbob
Advanced

its a fun bike to have. I love the cat crusher front tire the best.

only thing i didnt like was the exhaust and the dual head lamps..
got rid of the exhaust, still working on a solution for the lights.

you will be happy.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I think the best advice is ride one and see. See if you like foward controls or mids.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

Originally Posted by blackfatbob
its a fun bike to have. I love the cat crusher front tire the best.

only thing i didnt like was the exhaust and the dual head lamps..
got rid of the exhaust, still working on a solution for the lights.

you will be happy.
blackfatbob, I know you can swap out the new Wide Glide headlight on the Fat Bob. Might be a relatively inexpensive solution for you.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
monkey_boy
Advanced

Love my Fat Bob. just feels better than other bikes I tested, I was not a big fan of the way the Wide Glide handled, the extra rake bothered me. (Coming off of a Speed Triple, so very little rake). The FB is great around town and the fat tires really help with the crap roads around here. I did the standard Stage one stuff, new A/C, pipes and a PCV. (this was not required, and was more of a looks thing, but it does have even more power/torque). Next change will be a new seat. I'm 6'4, and want a little more space, but the stock seat is not that bad. After that probably gonna look into a Tach. I tested the standard Super Glide, Street Bob, Wide Glide, and the Fat Bob was the best for me both in handling and fitment.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 PM
semperfi211
Advanced

Love mine, traded an Ultra Classic

Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Fat Bob is the best handling big twin Harley I have ridden. The dang thing is made for twisty road fun and raised a little it has decent cornering clearance.
Couple that with available mid controls for the ability to position your body to actually aggressively control the beast. Then we come to the dual front discs, a big Harley twin with actual strong front brakes for serious fade resistance on repitative brake application scenarios.
The dual front headlights are great for lighting the road ahead at night, and if one burns out, you still have one more to get you home on.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my FB... Best handling bike I have ever road, and after taking my wifes Fat Boy out on its maiden run today I am glad I got the Fat Bob... Riding hers seemed like to much work to ride....

Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The bike is great right off the showroom floor ... but everything you do to it to make it yours makes it even better.

The wide tire is great on my gravel driveway.

Last edited by sanlyn; 03-07-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Talk