Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help 2003 FXD 100th aniv fuel tank

Old 04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Spiritualhaunt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help 2003 FXD 100th aniv fuel tank

It was just my luck that I was the one that did this in the first place and now I'm searching high and low for a fix. My dad has a 2003 FXD 100th aniv bike (black w/ silver stripe) and as I was moving it from shed to garage it got away from me and hit the ground. Now as I was letting a few expletives fly into the morning wind I noticed upon picking it up that I caved the side of the tank in. Does anyone know where or who might have another tank that would fit or replace this problem I've now created for myself. I've searched ebay, and getting a replacement from HD will take 6-8 wks. I'm looking for any information on where I can look from here.

thanks for whatever info comes my way.. it's really appreciated

Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the classifieds here. Continue to check eBay. Check Craigslist. Google the tank - preferably using the correct part number. Hit every bike swap meet and flea market within a 500 mile radius.

Odds are you'll get it faster from HD, but it won't be cheap. Even so, a perfect condition anniversary scheme tank won't be cheap used either. So consider having the current tank repaired. Probably the cheapest and fastest solution, unless the repairs mean ordering the special anniversary-only decals.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Spiritualhaunt
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Check the classifieds here. Continue to check eBay. Check Craigslist. Google the tank - preferably using the correct part number. Hit every bike swap meet and flea market within a 500 mile radius.

Odds are you'll get it faster from HD, but it won't be cheap. Even so, a perfect condition anniversary scheme tank won't be cheap used either. So consider having the current tank repaired. Probably the cheapest and fastest solution, unless the repairs mean ordering the special anniversary-only decals.
I found out from HD that the stripe is actually a watermark of some sort. I've tried talking my father into ordering one from HD but he won't give up searching.. stubborn yes.. but thanks for the info, we're going to hit the Keene swap meet in May here in NH.. maybe something will turn up there.. if not an aniv tank but something similar around the same year..

Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's nothing similar to an anniversary tank and you won't find anyone that can match the paint because, as you say, the stripe is a watermark.

They run $1200 for the softail silver over black version, I just replaced one the other day for a customer.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This might be an option for a repaint

http://killer-decals.com/Motorcycle/...niversary.html

Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Spiritualhaunt
6th Gear

Aw.. kickass.. thanks for the link redrubicon.. will pass this info along to my father.. he's in the process right now of putting a trike kit on his bike from frankenstein trikes..