Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching to wideglide forks, Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Switching to wideglide forks, Deuce?

I have been reading some threads on here about converting a 03 SG to WG front forks. I have some questions but first let me give you a list of what I have.. I was able to purchase a 03 Deuce complete front end for 500.00 I know with the Deuce trees they wont work unless I grind the trees or the stop on the neck, thats not an option for me.. I also have two different sets of triple trees with 0 deg. rake. 1) Is a 41mm set made by pro one. With build in fork stops. No lock 2) Is a HD set with the zombie skull and wings. no stops no lock... 3) Is a set of WG lower chrome sliders off of an 03.. My concerns..and desires.. I would like to get a little rake on this for looks, but performance is very important to me also, as I ride aggressive..curves and such..higher speeds.. I also ride two up alot.. Now for my questions. 1) Can I use the forks and sliders off of the Deuce with the aftermarket trees.. 2) Are cups an option? 3) I would like to use the stops on the neck or is there a way to put in internal fork stops so that I may use the HD triple trees. as I mentioned above ? 4) I would like to be able to still use the fork lock, but as it seems with this conversion I could only use a stock WG set of trees if I am correct on that .? I am somewhat lost when it comes to this, I have noticed that alot of you have done this conversion and will accept any and all advice and knowledge.. I have more questions but will add later as this is so long now. Sorry about that all.. Thank you and ride safe all..

Old 04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All the Harley wideglide/deuce trees have a couple deg of rake in them(aftermarket maybe not so). Also the Harley trees should enable the use of the fork lock on your bike(mine do). I would not recommend extra rake for aggressive riding, it is counter to what you are trying to do. So no cups. IMHO run the trees you want and either the deuce or wideglide lowers will work as they have the same 41mm fork tubes. My bike is an 05 with 05 wideglide trees and fork tubes(lowered 2 inches cause the wideglide tubes are about 2" longer than the 39mm front I had before).

Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rounder
All the Harley wideglide/deuce trees have a couple deg of rake in them(aftermarket maybe not so). Also the Harley trees should enable the use of the fork lock on your bike(mine do). I would not recommend extra rake for aggressive riding, it is counter to what you are trying to do. So no cups. IMHO run the trees you want and either the deuce or wideglide lowers will work as they have the same 41mm fork tubes. My bike is an 05 with 05 wideglide trees and fork tubes(lowered 2 inches cause the wideglide tubes are about 2" longer than the 39mm front I had before).
I found a progressive lowering kit on ebay for 41mm forks, Did you use this brand.. or something else. I am assuming that did your own mod.. Could you give some ideas as far as what I might need and what Im going to run into.. Thanks again man..

Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the progressive drop in for mine. I like it.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
I used the progressive drop in for mine. I like it.
There is a progressive kit on ebay for 84.00. Is that a good price?

Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I used progressive lowering kit, non drop in version with top out springs(back then they did not offer the drop in kit).

Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Wink

Originally Posted by rounder
I used progressive lowering kit, non drop in version with top out springs(back then they did not offer the drop in kit).
Well I bought the lowering kit for the forks, and the socket needed for the nuts.. I just cant start right away as I need to get some more parts and supplies.. money is tight as it is for everyone right now..I will keep you and everyone posted as progress continues.. Thank you for your help..