Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

michelin scorcher tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the replies. i'm ride pretty much like you WLOS. try to stay off the big roads and enjoy my ride. i like the dunlops but the low milage on the rear hurts the wallet. still can't make up my mind but i'll have to shortly.
later

Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link. Very informative....... I'm with you Bullpupp12. Changing a rear every 5000 or so miles can get $$$$ I dont understand how and why some people report getting 10,000 or more out of their rears. I check the PSI before each and every ride.
I know they say the Dyna's have softer, stickier tires......but geez.

Last edited by LWOS; 04-17-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:53 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Max10
Got the Michelins on my FXDC 2010. There is a slight vibration coming from the front when leaning at low speeds. When parked next to my old bike a 2008 FXDL we noticed that the rear tire on the FXDL [Dunlop] looked considerably bigger than the FXDC [Michelin] rear tire. The tires were the exact same size according to dimensions on sidewall of tire. Always liked Dunlops. Don't know why they went to Michelin. Must have got a deal on a bunch of them.
I cant help on the mileage, I'm only at 500 miles so far. I too get a vibration when leaning left and right from the front. It was driving me nuts at first but I see in here others have the same thing with the Michelin.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the recommended PSI in the Michelins. I know what the Dunlops recommend...36-40 loaded. Wonder if the sidewall on the Michelin is stiffer than on the Dunlops and you're getting chattering? Maybe there is a break in period? Interesting.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hell, when you get reports of vibrations when you lean into a curve, i guess i had better stay with the dunlops. thats the one place i don't need any vibrations. i too check my air pressure before every ride, along with my oil, tranny, and lights. i've had michelins on my 4 wheel vehicles and always had good luck with them.thanks for the input
later

Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 PM
n8bones
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the vibs when leaning to, I have a 2010 bob with the Michelins.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:15 AM
andersrk
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11,000 miles and still going

I just hit 11,000 miles on the scorchers and have had no problem. no wear bars showing. I am just starting to look into replacing them, probably go with another set. Of course the rear is more used up than the front but probably best to replace them at the same time.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Get a set of Metzelers . Best money I have spent on my bike , with out a doubt !

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM
HDTech74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah but metzlers you don't get the mileage out of.
also I'm not a fan of how the michelins handle in the rain.
they do however stick pretty awesomely in the warm weather.
I ride alot more aggressively than most and I do feel a slight vibration
in the front. I've noticed on other new bikes that had the michelins as well.
I didn't notice it on the 09 models.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bullpupp12
hell, when you get reports of vibrations when you lean into a curve, i guess i had better stay with the dunlops. thats the one place i don't need any vibrations. i too check my air pressure before every ride, along with my oil, tranny, and lights. i've had michelins on my 4 wheel vehicles and always had good luck with them.thanks for the input
later
It's not vibration, it's a kind of 'buzzing' sound that you only get (or hear) when leaning at lower speeds. It's from the 'Bar and Shield' logo that Michelin or Harley had stamped into the sidewall of the tire.

Why they did it, I have no idea. Maybe to disperse water, maybe to let you know you're leaning (like....duhh), maybe Harley's way of letting us know they were involved in the tire -- Who knows?

At first, it had me curious, not worried. Kinda like when you apply the front brake, you get a little buzz from the cross drilled rotor. Anymore, I don't even pay attention to it.

Anyway, my thinking is, "You ride a Harley and a little buzzing noise is annoying you?"

YMMV

Quick Reply: michelin scorcher tires