Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

michelin scorcher tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:43 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default michelin scorcher tires

anyone with a 2010 model with the michelin stock tires have any major miles on them. getting ready to replace both on my fxdc and was wondering if they were better than the dunlops that came on my bike. i was wondering if the mileage on the rear tire was any better than the dunlop. any opinions will be greatly appreciated.
later

Old 04-16-2010, 08:09 PM
TimBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't make an unbiased opinion on wear factor yet as I have a '10 Street Bob with the Scorchers at 3000 miles. As far as handling, I ride oretty aggressively and have not had any problems. At least nothing bad to say yet? Time will tell.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:05 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I just swapped out my stock dunlops at 7.5k for a set. So far, handling and ride are very good -none of the early comments about vibration. I used the dyna beads instead of weights for balance. Tracking over rain groves is much improved over stock.

Mark

Old 04-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Max10
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the Michelins on my FXDC 2010. There is a slight vibration coming from the front when leaning at low speeds. When parked next to my old bike a 2008 FXDL we noticed that the rear tire on the FXDL [Dunlop] looked considerably bigger than the FXDC [Michelin] rear tire. The tires were the exact same size according to dimensions on sidewall of tire. Always liked Dunlops. Don't know why they went to Michelin. Must have got a deal on a bunch of them.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to get some feedback on mileage on those Michelin's. At 5300 miles, my rear Dunlop K591's have 3/32nds left. Front tire is fine. Last year I rode with 36 PSI, but this year I'm boosting it up to 40. I'm not an aggressive rider and 95% of riding is done on rural roads and highways. No STOP AND GO traffic. I figure my front will last until I need another rear, and was interested in getting a set. I didnt want to run a Michelin on the back and Dunlop on the front.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:55 AM
TimBob
Advanced

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I just swapped out my stock dunlops at 7.5k for a set. So far, handling and ride are very good -none of the early comments about vibration. I used the dyna beads instead of weights for balance. Tracking over rain groves is much improved over stock.

Mark
+1 on the dyna beads

Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

I admit I'm totally ignorant...... what are DYNA BEADS? Is it just for Dyna models or
do they have something similar for other models. Hubby's getting front & rears on his FLSTC. Would appreciate anyone responding concerning this bead thing.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:21 PM
TimBob
Advanced

Dyna beads are small "beads" (round plastic BB's) that are inserted into you tire (or innertube) that "dynamically" balance your tire as you ride. Basically they find the "low" spot while your tire is rotating and thus balancing it and eliminating the need for wheel weights mounted on the rims.

They are inexpensive , easy to install, and have not heard anyone complain yet.

Did I get this right folks? They sure worked for me!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:17 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Do the Dealers carry this? So the beads are put in.... then the tire is mounted? No balancing. Do they make noise? Do you have to start out slow for the beads to find the spot? One would think centrifical force would just plaster them anywhere.
Anyone have a link where I can read up about this? Are there specific mfg's?

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
Do the Dealers carry this? So the beads are put in.... then the tire is mounted? No balancing. Do they make noise? Do you have to start out slow for the beads to find the spot? One would think centrifical force would just plaster them anywhere.
Anyone have a link where I can read up about this? Are there specific mfg's?

Thanks.
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

Quick Reply: michelin scorcher tires