Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the shop took a look at the controls and didn't see anything pinching. He recommended that i talk to fuel Moto because it may be a bad map. Hopfullynthey can do something other I think it's going to cost alot to take to the dealer. I'm pretty sure the PCV voids my warranty

Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
bqualls
Tourer

Originally Posted by The Ground Truth
P0113I AT Sensor Voltage Open/High EFI
P0113I AT Voltage Open/High
From the Electrical Diagnostic Manual:

DTC P0113 signifies a problem with the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor -- IAT sensor open/high. The ECM supplies and monitors a voltage signal (terminal "7") to one side of the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. The other side of the IAT sensor is connected to a common sensor ground, which is also connected to the ECM (terminal "26"). The IAT sensor is a thermistor device, meaning that at a specific termperature, it will have a specific resistance across its terminals. As this resistance varies, so does the voltage on terminal "7". The ECM monitors this voltage to compensate for various operating conditions.

Diagnostic tips are to check for a poor connection, for intermittents, and for a shifted sensor. Sounds like a wiring problem, maybe associated with the bar change-out to me.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"I'm pretty sure the PCV voids my warranty " Just took my 2010 bob to dealer for warranty work - electrical problem on mine as well - and I also recently added goodies from fuelmoto. My warranty covered my repairs because they were actual warranty issues. Dealer did try and make sure that it was not caused by something so they could get away without having to fix it and pay for it themselves but once they knew it was their fault, they paid with no questions asked.
My warranty is not voided by my upgrades - EFI , SE air filter, Rush 2" slips.
I'm sure you will be covered as well. Good luck!

Attached Thumbnails Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!-100_0472.jpg   Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!-100_0474.jpg  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 PM
blkfalc4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your worried about the warranty, just yank the PC, pipes and A/F,, make it stock. The dealer will never know different.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One other thing. Ask for a new firmware update, and ask for a Leaner MAP. 100 MTZ is Horrible Gas Mileage.

PCV has an updated firmware of 1.4.
After that install, redo your Map and zero out your throttle.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:37 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bqualls
From the Electrical Diagnostic Manual:

DTC P0113 signifies a problem with the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor -- IAT sensor open/high. The ECM supplies and monitors a voltage signal (terminal "7") to one side of the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. The other side of the IAT sensor is connected to a common sensor ground, which is also connected to the ECM (terminal "26"). The IAT sensor is a thermistor device, meaning that at a specific termperature, it will have a specific resistance across its terminals. As this resistance varies, so does the voltage on terminal "7". The ECM monitors this voltage to compensate for various operating conditions.

Diagnostic tips are to check for a poor connection, for intermittents, and for a shifted sensor. Sounds like a wiring problem, maybe associated with the bar change-out to me.

I was told that the air sensor that is usually plugged into the stock air cleaner was no longer used so I just zip tied it off when I put my new air cleaner on...could that be my issue catching up with me?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:37 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
"I'm pretty sure the PCV voids my warranty " Just took my 2010 bob to dealer for warranty work - electrical problem on mine as well - and I also recently added goodies from fuelmoto. My warranty covered my repairs because they were actual warranty issues. Dealer did try and make sure that it was not caused by something so they could get away without having to fix it and pay for it themselves but once they knew it was their fault, they paid with no questions asked.
My warranty is not voided by my upgrades - EFI , SE air filter, Rush 2" slips.
I'm sure you will be covered as well. Good luck!
Great points thanks

Old 04-24-2010, 06:39 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blkfalc4
If your worried about the warranty, just yank the PC, pipes and A/F,, make it stock. The dealer will never know different.
I didn't keep any of the stock stuff because I knew I wouldn't put it on again.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:42 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
One other thing. Ask for a new firmware update, and ask for a Leaner MAP. 100 MTZ is Horrible Gas Mileage.

PCV has an updated firmware of 1.4.
After that install, redo your Map and zero out your throttle.
I didn't know about the update...hopefully it will better my mileage. Last ride was 85 miles from full to in the red on the gauge. I really hate taking that PCV out of the bike...its such a pain to get it all to stuff back in

Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

85 miles to the red on the guage? Wow that blows. I get around 150 like you said you used to get and that is with the exact same setup you have. If you want I can email you the map I'm using.

Edit: nevermind, I see you are using a PC V and I have a PC III. I know a PC III can't use PC V maps and I doubt a PC V can use PC III maps.
Well here's what my map looks like anyways.

When Fuel Moto sent me the map, all of row 0 (closed throttle position) was 0 but I added values to it to get it to stop popping on decel. I also bumped the numbers in row 2 up a little for the same thing. The original numbers in row 2 were 10,17,19,20,0,2,1 but I put in 10,20,20,20,10,4,3. My in town gas mileage is about 32-35 which ain't that great I guess and probably because I cranked up the fuel at closed throttle so it hurts me in the city getting on and off the throttle constantly. I may go back and play with it more to try and subtract numbers but it runs good. Highway mileage is 50mpg

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 04-24-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!