Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intiminator update.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Intiminator update.

as some may know I was initially displeased with the install of these. Well I think I nailed it now. I ended up cutting off 3/8" out of my spacer that sets the preload. I also re measured the fork oil. Well it turns out I must have still had air trapped in there when I originally did the oil and cycled the air out. The 41mm fork calls for 185mm measurement. The tubes were more around 200 so I added oil and test rode the bike. Still not what I was looking for. Next step.... I added 1 oz oil to the tubes. Well this made all the difference in the world. A little riding and back to the house. Added 1/2 oz more oil and the front feels really close to the rear now. No more washboard chattering and overall loose feeling to the front. Oh, yeah, the superbrace is reinstalled and the front just feels about as perfect as I could want it. Man the 41mm front is much less stable without the brace. One thing for sure, I reaffirmed that the brace does indeed work on my front end. Also, I actually torqued the bolts on the brace to the correct 10 ft/lbs. Before I just tightened them with my allen wrench. I don't think I had the bolts tight enough.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

gotta look into those intiminators for the potholes and bumps around here.

thanks for the info rounder, sounds like you have your suspension all up to speed now.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

yup the bike rides really good. I actually also added a little preload to the rear and now the front and rear behave just like each other. Getting the two to work together makes a big difference as well. So the intiminators do work, however there is some adjusting that will need to be done to get em where you want em to be. Also a large factor in the ride is getting both front and rear to feel about the same. As it stands, my bike is set up for a sporty ride. It tracks beautifully and I feel like I can blast around corners with only clearance issues stopping me from leaning more. The bike handles bumps really well, however it does not have the softness over small undulations in the road as it did before. The front no longer overcompensates and moves too much for the size of the bump being met. And it handles multiple bumps really well now.

Last edited by rounder; 05-12-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
six_strng_slnger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being really interested in this set up I appreciate the info and time you took to get it right!!!! Great stuff!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you got it worked out.

Ron

Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you get a Tech Assist from Ricor, or just work it out your own self -- trial and error ...?

What made you reverse your stance on the for brace ...?

R/
'Chop

Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup...I new they'd come around for ya! They really are a good product & give fair gains to performance, atleast fair enough for how much they cost IMO! I posted a thread a while back when I put mine in & spent the whole day gettin the front to work really good with the rear...amazing what a difference little adjustments make! I still have no desire to change anything else in my suspension...it's been that good ever since! Brakes...that's another story, lol!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Did you get a Tech Assist from Ricor, or just work it out your own self -- trial and error ...?

What made you reverse your stance on the for brace ...?

R/
'Chop
the reverse stance on the brace... simple... I like my bike with the brace as opposed to without. Once I got the front end right, I decided to try it out with the brace. I installed it back on and there was no change except the front is way more stable. If I noticed a difference then I would have concluded the brace needs to be off as it really may just cause too much stiction. Also this time I tightened and torqued the bolts to spec. That in itself could have made the difference. Before I had always installed it and just tightened by feel.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Rounder,

Were these the spacers you cut by 3/4"?

I was on my way into work this morn and I'm assuming a fork seal blew out b/c its was spraying fluid all over the side of the bike. I too wasn't pleased with the intiminators as I didn't really tell any difference.

At this point I'm going to have to take the front end apart to repair the seal (hoping that's what it is) and might as well use this time to try to make an improvement.

Thanks
R

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Rounder,

Another question. I want to repair the shock this wknd but cant find any local dealers that have 10W Amsoil that I had bought from Ricor. Did you use the Amsoil or the SE oil in your forks? I may just replace the Amsoil...?

Quick Reply: Intiminator update.