Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna fender opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:08 PM
terrapin88
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Dyna fender opinions

hey all.

I have a 98 super glide and I have never liked the fxd rear fender style. I'm thinking it's time for a fender change. Next winter I'll either paint or PC all the sheet metal because it's time, so now is the time to start thinking about fenders. I have always like the wide glide bobtail renders with a cat eye, but I also have a thing for tail draggers with a tombstone. The front fender is going to depend on what goes on the back. If I go bobtail, I might leave the front alone, I dunno. Long rear fender is going to need a front fender change to match.

What do you guys think? Anyone done any fender changes want to impart some knowledge? I would like to find a take off OEM fender if I can, but if anyone can recommend an aftermarket company that makes a quality fender that won't cost me one of my *********, I'd love to hear about them. I'm looking for bolt on, or as close as possible.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really depends on what you're doing with the rest of the bike.When I had a solo seat I thought my chopped Dyna fender looked fine but now that I've gone to a two up seat with a back rest I think a bob tail would be better.If you want straight bolt on get on Ebay and look for a Bobtail or Wide Glide fender for your year of bike.If you decide on the tail dragger there's no such thing as a bolt on as far as I know.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am stretching mine 6" with piece from chopped fender.
few issues on tire change clearance on this link
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...r-stretch.html

Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 PM
fixxr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender

You could just try to do some stuff to your stock fender, like moving the tail light and plate as I did.I also removed the two lines that go around the sides.The cost is only the time you put in it!Dyna fender opinions-rear-end.jpg

Old 05-17-2010, 11:50 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Heres's the option I went with. Its steel so it can be powdercoated as well as painted. I haven't installed it yet, but I do have it in my hands. Its a decent part so far but will need minor cleanup before paint.

http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails...ode=50-0942-VT

Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM
dag5984
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my new rear chopped fender...look at sig pic...like the 09-10 SB but no center brake light or notch. I have my old fender if anyone is interested.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
terrapin88
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks for the replies guys.

Bikerlaw, I like that fender. I had forgotten about debix. I'm going to check them out. That looks like a fat boy fender.

Fixxr that looks cool, but you have a fatty tire on the *** end, I can't go bigger than a 130 so I don't think my bike would have the same effect. Nice color too.

SPECIAL ED, i hear you. I am staying away from solos. I like having a big eyed woman leaning on my back. I don't mind drilling holes, and I can do some cutting, but my strengths are in mechanical stuff, not body work so yeah as close to bolt on as I can get is good. I just don't want to play with lots of prep work and smoothing to get the fender ready for paint. OEM WG fender seems like the easiest.

Keep em coming guys, and everyone loves pics.