Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Slip Ons - Cycle Shack

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
No. 4
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Slip Ons - Cycle Shack

Looking on Dennis Kirk, they have a set of Cycle Shack slash down slip ons for my 09 Fat Bob for $183 (nice price). Typically, you get what you pay for, but I have heard good things about Cycle Shack sound wise. My question is that they list at 2.5 in but my stock pipes are 3.5 in diameter. Will that be a problem?

Also, I understand you can remove the baffles on these easily if you want them louder. Is that recommended?

I love my new bike, I just need it louder. Rode behind my cousins HD with Rhinehart pipes last night. I could barely hear my bike

Thanks for all responses.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think 2.5 refers to the baffle size, not the pipe diameter. As long as they have the FB mounting provision they will just be fine.

These pipes will be very loud with the baffles.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Simple solution to this problem, No.4. And it's free.

Don't ride behind your cousin.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:05 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check on ebay also, there are some good deals on there. I had a set on my fb before my full pipes, they were very loud.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

Be patient and wait for a member here to offer a set of Rush slashdowns (2.25 IMHO) for sale. Harley peeps change their minds ALOT! One is not loud enough-another is TOO loud...My self I just wanted a deep throaty sound that was not obnoxious. No, I don't wanna set off car alarms or make people cringe riding behind me. I love the sound of these pipes. You touch it off and people look (not cuz it's stupidly loud, but deep as hell sounding) Just right in my opinion. I also like the stock look to the FXDF exhaust which prolly puts me in the minority. Never tried any others-was happy from the get go with the Rush pipes. Go listen at their website: rushracingproducts.com and you can hear ALL the baffle sizes. A good price used is around $150-$200 shipped to me..

Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMarkyB
I also like the stock look to the FXDF exhaust which prolly puts me in the minority.
I'm with you... and have rush 2.0s that I like and that get plenty of complements. A good tune also brings out a better sound.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 PM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

Using a canned map but that is an interesting thought!! Bike runs like a scalded cat but that sure is an option down the road....

Old 05-30-2010, 11:30 PM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by No. 4
Looking on Dennis Kirk, they have a set of Cycle Shack slash down slip ons for my 09 Fat Bob for $183 (nice price). Typically, you get what you pay for, but I have heard good things about Cycle Shack sound wise. My question is that they list at 2.5 in but my stock pipes are 3.5 in diameter. Will that be a problem?

Also, I understand you can remove the baffles on these easily if you want them louder. Is that recommended?

I love my new bike, I just need it louder. Rode behind my cousins HD with Rhinehart pipes last night. I could barely hear my bike

Thanks for all responses.
2.5" refers to the diameter of the muffler, itself. Those are always cheaper than the larger slip ons and generally louder as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
punisher911
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my 2010 superglide. I'm pleased overall. They are not obnoxious loud. Hell, my GF says they could be louder. She's not even a bike person.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
citytrucker26
Road Master

Ok, for those who put the rush slip ons on thier bike... did you have it tuned? A friend of mine in Indy put them on with stage 1 and didn't do any mods to the computer. Runs fine... Is he telling the truth??? I have been looking to change out my mufflers and make it easy as possible. Don't want it too obnoxious either... I like the sound of the rush mufflers. My buddy put them on a 07 softail std.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Slip Ons - Cycle Shack