Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performance gains question

Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 PM
bigdork
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance gains question

I am getting the Screamin Eagle slip-on mufflers, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather air cleaner and the Screamin Eagle race tuner installed. What would be the expected performance gains from these add ons? I am totally new to the fuel injected stuff and have no clue what is what. Are there better tuners out there? Educate me guys!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Not many people spend hard earned cash on dyno tuning that basic setup. Once you start getting into cams and such is when it makes the most sense to dyno tune.

"Better' is subjective.

Remember that once installed that SERT will be married to THAT bike so you will not be able to transfer it to another bike if you wanted to. You'd have to buy another SERT for another bike.

You could research Thundermax ($900 new) which is an auto-tune setup or TTS Mastertune ($400 or so) which is also auto-tune but you do the tuning using a laptop and some tuning runs down the road.

There is also the Powercommancer V (five) that also has an auto-tune option.

Using the search function would yield thousands of posts on this subject.

As far as performance gains...MAYBE 2-5% over stock.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 06-01-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With just the heavy breather and slip ons, all you need is the $160 remap - not the SERT:
Maximum % Power Improvement
HD Stage 1 Remap
SE Street Power Mufflers
SE Air Cleaner Kit
SE ECM recalibration
7% torque
12% horsepower

Attached Thumbnails performance gains question-hd2007_dyna_dyno.jpg  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
bigdork
Advanced

longhair........ all the add on's are worked into the deal, no "out of pocket" to me.
2-5% ?? What is that in hp and tq? what do these things do stock?

Thanks for the input guys

Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by bigdork
longhair........ all the add on's are worked into the deal, no "out of pocket" to me.
2-5% ?? What is that in hp and tq? what do these things do stock?

Thanks for the input guys
Never owned a harley before?

Stock is around 65hp...85tq.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 PM
bigdork
Advanced

I'm an old school/ kicker guy......... that answer why I'm asking stupid questions?

Last edited by bigdork; 06-01-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I did my Stage 1 and dyno tune for rideability and smooth power versus the hot running surging EPA based POS factory tune job. If you are trying to make a Harley fast just add $5,000.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
bigdork
Advanced

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
I did my Stage 1 and dyno tune for rideability and smooth power versus the hot running surging EPA based POS factory tune job. If you are trying to make a Harley fast just add $5,000.

not looking for fast, i know better, just currious

Old 06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by bigdork
I'm an old school/ kicker guy......... that answer why I'm asking stupid questions?
Didn't say you were asking stupid questions but your questions sounded like you are a first time owner.

Before you go throwin money at your bike at useless slip-ons and a SERT why don't you sit down and figure out what you want to do in the big picture and purchase parts that will compliment the end result.

Not saying thr SERT is a bad product. Just letting you know what I know of it. Having the SERT installed will more than likely require a dyno tune. Is that figured into the price? If not, expect another $300 or so on top of the package price.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 PM
bigdork
Advanced

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Didn't say you were asking stupid questions but your questions sounded like you are a first time owner.

Before you go throwin money at your bike at useless slip-ons and a SERT why don't you sit down and figure out what you want to do in the big picture and purchase parts that will compliment the end result.

Not saying thr SERT is a bad product. Just letting you know what I know of it. Having the SERT installed will more than likely require a dyno tune. Is that figured into the price? If not, expect another $300 or so on top of the package price.

I know for a fact i'm asking stupid questions. It's ok, but I didn't mean any offence to you.
All i want for now is to be able to hear my exhaust going down the interstate for the most part to be honest with ya. I hate the Prius sound of the stock pipes.
Yes the dyno tune and all the parts are worked in to my deal.

Thanks again guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: performance gains question