Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just the facts please on 30 tooth pulley

Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts
Default just the facts please on 30 tooth pulley

Could you guys that have done this 30 tooth mod tell me with complete details, will it make a 2010 Dyna noticeably faster from 0 to 100 mph or is it more like a nice little improvement. I do understand that it depends a lot on what you may have expected from this mod. Can you still drive at 80 mph in 6th with out the feeling you need to shift up, like I did going 70 on my Sportster's?... thanks guys.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Could you guys that have done this 30 tooth mod tell me with complete details, will it make a 2010 Dyna noticeably faster from 0 to 100 mph or is it more like a nice little improvement. I do understand that it depends a lot on what you may have expected from this mod. Can you still drive at 80 mph in 6th with out the feeling you need to shift up, like I did going 70 on my Sportster's?... thanks guys.
Personally I think it's a bad idea. if you want a rocket, get a rice burner. jmo

Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default viewpoint

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Practically speaking, at any given speed and gear, engine RPM, hence horsepower and fuel consumption, will be slightly higher. So acceleration is improved with a trade-off. But your bike shouldn't be noticeably faster from 0-100mph, but it will get off the line a little quicker, and throttle response should be improved throughout the range.

On my stock '09, 6th-gear is really only useful from ~65mph-up. So your RPM @ 80mph, with the 30T, should be very comfortably low.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Joe477
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
Personally I think it's a bad idea. if you want a rocket, get a rice burner. jmo

Nuttin wrong with a fast cruiser.......just stay in the right lane if you don't like it buddy.....

I'm interested in this topic too. Was think bout doin this but like the OP not real sure about it.

Sorry, no input, just wanted to subscribe to the thread......

Old 06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

yes it will. just facts... made a big diff in my bike now wiht the build it is unreal off the line

Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did it and I'm glad I did. It made a big difference on my bike,the 32/66 on my 08 was way too tall, I'm going lower on the rear 68T when I change the tires. 80 is a breeze and feels just right, it could run all day at that speed.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I just made the swap on my 05 with a 5 speed and I am extremely happy. Actually I only did a 31 tooth because of my 5 speed and I can still cruise at 80. The 31T is about a 3% change in RPM and the 30T should be about a 6% change.
I certainly feel a difference out of the hole, and I can feel a difference on hills.
I had a Dealer install it since I had no use for buying the special tools needed, the cost was close to what the tools would have cost. Other than that I do all my own work, so it was a tough decision, but I think it was the correct one for me. It is a 4 hour job by the book. I also wanted everything in the primary looked at while they were in there.
Anyways, back to the gear, if I had a 6 speed I absolutely would have done the 30T. Yes you will be quicker between gears, I have not run my 0-60 on my Dakota Digital yet to see the real difference, but I can feel it.
It’s a great mod, go for it.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe477
Nuttin wrong with a fast cruiser.......just stay in the right lane if you don't like it buddy.....

I'm interested in this topic too. Was think bout doin this but like the OP not real sure about it.

Sorry, no input, just wanted to subscribe to the thread......
You need this in a big way with those cams, it really wakes them up.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
I'm not looking to turn my Harley in to a sport bike. Just trying to decide if the improvements justify the cost. I feel the stock gearing is just a bit on the tall side. From what I'm seeing on the price with installation and all parts, looks to be around $450 and what ever the cost to recalibrate the speedo. A lot of $ to spend just to get a nice little acceleration improvement, and feeling like I need to shift up every time I'm on the freeway. So that's why I need straight forward answers from the guys...And thanks for the advice I got so far.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Joe477
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paul s
You need this in a big way with those cams, it really wakes them up.
Thanks for the input.....I heard it would do well with the cams but wasn't quite sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just the facts please on 30 tooth pulley