Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Garage Leathers Big Dyna Bag w/Latch on 2010 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Garage Leathers Big Dyna Bag w/Latch on 2010 Wide Glide

This is my second bag from Garage Leathers for my Wide Glide. I had the original with two buckles but when I saw this one with a single latch, my Lazy azz just had to have one. One of my buddies really liked my bag so I sold him my old one to help offset the cost.

When I went to order it, I noticed he listed the bag as not fitting on Dyna's with a side mount license plate. I had experienced this problem with the original bag because it didn't fit either. I had to make a small bracket to move the plate bracket back (video will be below.) I sent him an email letting him know that both should probably be listed as not fitting with the side plate and about an hour later he calls me and in a classic NY accent asks me if that is my bike on the you tubes with his bag on it. Well we had a great convo and Robert is a heck of a nice guy. He makes these bags by hand per order and they are excellent quality. I had a lick's on my sporty before I moved up to the wide glide and it was a very nice bag. This is a MUCH nicer bag then that. The leather is about 1 and a half times thicker then the licks and the hardware is excellent.

This would be a super easy install on a Dyna without a side license plate. With one, it takes a little bit of modification (2 bolts washers and nuts and a flat piece of stock steel less then 40 bucks at home depot) but I think it really looks great! WARNING WARNING WARNING if you are doing this mod HEAT THE BOLTS HOLDING THE PLATE BRACKET IN, I didn't and ending up stripping the heads of the torx bolts holding it in. After heating, they slide out like butter with vise grips but what a pain! No need to splice any wiring for the license plate light either, the cord will reach with the thicker standard Dyna bag and for sure with this new bag. I ended up shortening my bracket extension piece for this bag as it is taller and thinner. I just wanted the plate to sit nearer the back of the bag and not have too much of a gap there.

I see a ton of "I hate this," or "this place sucks" threads so I wanted to put up a "wow i like this product" thread and hope it helps somebody out.

ok... vids and pics!

video of the new bag on the bike
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsLvToAndI[/youtube]

Old 06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

Some pictures of the bag on the bike

tried to get all sides to show how thick it is on the bike. not very.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

here are a couple of You Tube vids of the bracket mod. Hope this helps

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV59WBx8X5E[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqRN1tGw0CU[/youtube]

couple pics of the shorter bracket for the new bag

Old 06-25-2010, 04:15 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

The original Dyna Bag
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWX6Mmd_KkM[/youtube]

If you don't like the look of big saddlebags on your dyna, this is a great way to go!

thanks for taking a look at my bike!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great videos. Big bag looks like it holds a lot more than the solo (which I own). What can you get in there?

Looks like it mounts the same as the Solo. Is this so?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

mounts exactly the same, the size difference between this one and the original dyna bag is negligable. This one is taller but it's also slimmer in width than the original so it's kinda of a trade off. I like the look of the taller one, but i really like the latch. So much easier.

i can get a light jacket in there with a water bottle and a couple of packs of smokes... i just put it on and shoved that stuff in there.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Bike, Latch & Bag

Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HDDyna2006
Great Bike, Latch & Bag

thanks a lot!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exit: How is the bag attach to the bike?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

it's got two straps that go around the strut to the rear fender and then one strap that fastens on the bottom to the chain gaurd. The back is a hard subtance so no chance of it going into the chain or sagging in the back

Quick Reply: New Garage Leathers Big Dyna Bag w/Latch on 2010 Wide Glide