Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever use a CV air cleaner on Delphi FI Dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever use a CV air cleaner on Delphi FI Dynas?

Pulled my air cleaner off and compared some old cv gaskets to the ones on my bike and it looks to me like the Delphi and CV uses the same bolt pattern, CV air cleaners are usually much cheaper to come by and there are plenty of different choices out there much more then ones labeled EFI...

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this? Only obstacles I see are that you would probably need a twin cam backing plate to mount the cleaner with, and a way to run the top end breathers to the air cleaner, which there are several kits for both of those.

If so I'm going to get one of these bad mamma jammas, includes back plate and breather kit.
http://www.debrix.com/PhotoDetails.a...ode=34-0663-VT

Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

I sold my stg 1 SE air cleaner assy to a guy with a c/v carb'd bike and it fit fine. I'm pretty sure he reused all of my stock parts too, breather bolts, backing plate, etc. Mine is an 04 w/ delphi and his was a 99 I think.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup, the three screw fixing at the carb/throttle-body mouth is the same. If its an A/C that just uses this then you are fine. What you will need is an appropriate bracket to support the throttle body that bolts to the breather stud holes and a breather kit of some kind.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:08 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
Yup, the three screw fixing at the carb/throttle-body mouth is the same. If its an A/C that just uses this then you are fine. What you will need is an appropriate bracket to support the throttle body that bolts to the breather stud holes and a breather kit of some kind.
+1 ... many Delphi EFI A/C makers specify compatible with (same bolt configurations as) CV ... as noted, you'll need to consider backing plate for some (with breather) ....