Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Superglide saddlebags

Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
jtgator
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Superglide saddlebags

I am a new Harley rider. Recently graduated from many years of Rice burning speed bikes.
I want to put saddlebags on my 2000 Dyna FXD superglide. Do I need to install saddlebag brackets or can I just sling them across under the seat?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:38 AM
NoCalFXD
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of saddlebags were you thinking? if you just wanted throwover saddlebags then yes you need a bracket to keep them from bouncing off of the caliper and belt guard. I made some throwover bags into ridgid mount bags for my superglide by welding some metal together. If you wanted ridgid mount detachable saddlebags your going to be spending big $ and the bags will come with mounting hardware. I had throwover bags on my 07 Wideglide and I put on a bracket from JP cycle that keeps the bags from rubbing and limits them from flapping in the wind. Take a look at the pic of the chrome bar that attaches to the rear strut and makes a u-shape just above the swingarm..

Old 07-08-2010, 06:49 AM
MDER123
Advanced
Default do you really?

I have on 04 Super glide with throw over bags..... I never bought the brackets..... I saw a couple of bikes at Americade with and without brackets, after I put them on I did 500 miles with no problems... They do not bounce around or swing flap or anything...... I dont like the way the bike looks with no bags and brackets soo what now?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thing that bothers me about going with throw over bags was the center strap marring my paint. I chose a wild color bike and couldn't imagine trying a paint match. But the sky and your wallet are the limits when it comes to good hard mount quick release bags. The other plus of a hard mount system is it might add a little protection if you should suffer an unfortunate tip over.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 AM
goblin127
Tourer

I bought a set of throw overs off ebay. I did not like the way they sat on the fender. The bike has the relocate kit for the turn signals allready so I bought easy brackets and mounted the bags to them. The easy brackets do make some noise if there is nothing in the bags and theats the down side,but the bags now look right and there easily detached. The yoke that goes over the fender I just folded under where the bag meets the bracket and you don't notice it unless you know what your looking for.