Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-1 exhaust to Bob...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
AkiSika
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-1 exhaust to Bob...

I have a some kind of problem... I'm considering of buying a 2-1 exhaust to my Street Bob. Problem is that I am not so sure which brand is good for me... There is quite many of them. Bassani Road Rage's short muffler looks pretty good, but how loud is that? LSR 2-1 Black Hole looks great, is said to be very efficient(and loud?), but it's expensive. Thunderheader is a little bit long to my taste. Cobra Power Pro is the one I have thinking about the most. The prices over here in Finland are MUCH MORE expensive than over there. For example pipes which costs about 500$ there costs here about 1000€(1270$)...[sm=boohoo.gif] So I have to think this very carefully. There is a possibility to order the pipe directly from there, but I still have to pay taxes and toll....Unless the pipe is a used part and costs about 200$. I have a friend over there who might buy a new pipe for me and then...you know, make it look like a used one and then send it to me...

So my question to you fellow riders over there is that, which pipe would be good or even the best investment for my money? I'm sure all off these pipes are good when you just look at the power gains, but is there much differences for example between the quality?? And I don't want the loudest system. I have now SEII slip-ons and they sound good. They aren't very loud but I can be heard when I'm cruising in town. But if they are a bit or even a little bit more louder than those SE's, I don't mind.

So I'm more than appreciated if you can share your knowledge considering my "problem"...[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 08-29-2006, 01:28 PM
kaduku
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2-1 exhaust to Bob...

How about Rineharts!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_387070/tm.htm

Old 08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Check out the D&D Fat Cat.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
AkiSika
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: kaduku

How about Rineharts!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_387070/tm.htm

I forgot totally Rineharts! I have to admit that those look great! S...t. Now the decision is even more difficult to make....

And that Fat Cat looks also good. I like the thing that it's a little bit upswept for ground clearance. I have Öhlins rear shocks for better cornering so it would not be very good if the becoming exhaust are even nearer the ground than SE's....

Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm rocking a thunderhead on my bob. It's ceramic black and it hauls ***. Best sound I've ever heard from a harley. At idle it sounds like a pro stock harley. At cruising speeds its mellow and it just bellars when opened up. It might not be the best looking pipe, but I didn't buy it for that reason. It's dyno tested and proven. Any 2-1 is a good investment. Good luck

Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

thunderheader is the way to go.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thunderheader here too, be advised it looks allot better in person than it does in pictures.Also be aware this is a serious race pipe and it's loud.I'm having a hell of a time getting mine to run decent at low RPMs but thats a fuel management issue of my own doing, long story.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I have run, Supertrapps, 2-1, and now I have Kerker 2-1 and love it. The sound is great and the performance even better.

I have a 95" with branch head work, kb pistons, tw cams etc..... you really cant go wrong with any 2-1, the VH Pro Pipe is also good.