Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines fuelpak map input questions HELP NEEDED ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vance and Hines fuelpak map input questions HELP NEEDED ASAP

I have a Fuel Pak and have had t for over 10k miles. I had found a map that worked well with NO baffles, but recently installed quiet baffles. Now I need to input a new map which I have already located.

My question is. My old map had values inputted for Modes 24-33
My new map stops at mode 23 and has a N/A for 24-33
So when I plug in my new numbers for this current map just what am I supposed to do with those numbers that are already installed for Modes 24-33???

In the manual it says this area is a diagnostic area. I dunno but really want to tune my bike for the weekend and know many of you have experience with this tuner.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just stop at 23. The higher modes won't affect you're new baffles.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:58 PM
dynarule
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant realy help you on the map thing but I would like to know how the quiet baffles sound! i have the standard baffles in my big shots now and was thinking of changing them to the quiet ones.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Default ok

Well ,what I ended up doing for now was left my old map in with the exception of MODE 23

mode 23 is supposedly a deceleration fuel shutoff to prevent popping. I was suspicious of this setting as the range was 14-25. The maps I had used had a value here of 16. Granted they didnt decel pop with or without baffles however after a in gear roll to a stop I would have a huge pop on acceleration similar to a carbed model with too small of a pilot jet. So I cranked this value to the max at 25 and now although I get a deceleration cackle albeit minor, The transition from deceleration to acceleration is wayy smoother and the loud pop and bucking issue is COMPLETELY gone. I must say the combo of quiet baffles/shortshots staggered pipes/arlen ness stage 1 air filter, and the Fuelpak have transformed my rideability compared to how I got it with a Kury skull intake/no baffled shortshots,and no Fuelpak.
I am very pleased with the results of changing that value of mode 23 to a value of 25. thank You for helping me out.

The quiet baffles sounded like corks in the pipes until after about 100 miles until the packing got the freshness burnt out. I lost some top end power, but the smoothness and rideability has increased and they sound very nice. I still wear earplugs as the wind bothers my ears with a beanie shell. I may still cut the cork out of them later when I do my 95 inch kit and cams,but until then I am satisfied the engine is breathing fine. You can also wrap automotive fiberglass around the standard baffles and get similar results. Its the same material Vance and Hines uses on the quiet baffles.

One last note for people using this setup. the map I used was FP-1348 but change Mode 23 value to 25 This was the third map I tried and I believe will stay this way until engine gets modded.

Last edited by parts eeter; 07-31-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:25 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one of the reasons I got rid of my FP. They keep everything a secret so we can't fine tune our machines like with other tuners. The other reason is FP and I couldn't agree on a proper setting schedule for my setup.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:34 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Default I agree

I agree with you on that point. I think they withhold that info to prevent them from being bombarded with tech questions. Its kind of stupid, but I must say if I can get it to tune in this well with cams and high comp pistons I will be completely satisfied. The only feature that isnt there that needs to be for me is Idle speed. I would love to be able to lower the Idle speed. However before I spend $800 bux on a TTS I will buy a carb conversion for my Twin Cam. So we will see, but right now I am happy with it and will pry info from a tech on Monday. I will see what I can get from them.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just scored a fuelpak on ebay for 35 bucks, read both good and bad things about them but hell for that money its worth trying out.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I agree with you on that point. I think they withhold that info to prevent them from being bombarded with tech questions. Its kind of stupid, but I must say if I can get it to tune in this well with cams and high comp pistons I will be completely satisfied. The only feature that isnt there that needs to be for me is Idle speed. I would love to be able to lower the Idle speed. However before I spend $800 bux on a TTS I will buy a carb conversion for my Twin Cam. So we will see, but right now I am happy with it and will pry info from a tech on Monday. I will see what I can get from them.
Dood, they're $445 on ebay including the USB cable and free shipping.

I just did a quicky search on ebay. There might even be better deals, who knows?

KURYAKYN MasterTune TTS Single Bike Kit and USB (NEW)

Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Everyone here loves them

The local dealership says they have sold a boatload of the V&H fuelpaks in the last 2 years and everyone is really happy with them. I have to say that I am also a satisfied user as well. Granted not having Idle speed adjustment is a downfall ,but the user friendly design is great for me as I am always changing parts on my bike. I give them 2 thumbs up for User Friendly and Cost Effective.

Grendel, I got my Fuelpak for $219.00 at the local dealership, and I meant the Thundermax system. Not the TTS. Sorry for the mixup there guys.

Good Score Scotty D!!!!! You will not be dissappointed.. I love mine and last nite my buddy was talking about buying a SERT and was asking me questions about my Fuelpak and he said he is going with the Fuelpak with his Rinehart slip ons.

Last edited by parts eeter; 08-01-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM
PaulMears
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2007 nightster vansin Hines screaming eagle. Need best codes for fuel pack

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines fuelpak map input questions HELP NEEDED ASAP