Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quarter Ness fairing on Fatbob project

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 AM
laroc
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quarter Ness fairing on Fatbob project

I'm loving the look and considering doing this over winter.

Questions for those running the Ness Fairing on the 2010 Wide Glide:
1. I'm running HD streetslammers with 7"inch risers will the fairing screen be a similar hieght to my visual.
2. The lower trees presumably will be exposed as per visual?
3. Which single dyna headlight will I need to make this work?
4. I'm guessing I only need the WideGlide Ness fairing to fit my trees.
5. Does the fairing come with mounting brackets?
Be good to see some pics from anyone running this set up.
Thanks
Phil

Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 AM
sbaalman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the Ness fairing along with others for my Fat Bob. The problem was the only fairing I could find that might work with the dual lights and minor mods was a Corbin fairing for a Triumph Rocket 3. The big drawback was Corbin wanted $1600 for just the fairing.

What I did do was get a Slipstreamer Stealth SS-20 fairing and cut off the "ears" from the lower part that go around the single headlight. I then cut two new holes for the lower mounting structure.

I will get off my *** to go take a pic and post it in a few minutes. I did shoot some pictures while I did the mods, but had a massive brain fart and wiped them all out of my phones memory.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the pics. I'm not 100% done with it, I want to work on the bottom some more to even out the leftover curve in the middle from the old single headlight location.

Attached Thumbnails Quarter Ness fairing on Fatbob project-img_0005.jpg   Quarter Ness fairing on Fatbob project-img_0006.jpg   Quarter Ness fairing on Fatbob project-img_0007.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Based on my experience, which is limited...hahaha, I think that you should be able to use an '06 or later Dyna headlight. Having said that, you'll have to raise the headlight a bit in order to get the fairing high enough to sit on top of the lower tree as the original Ness fairings are all designed to work with the earlier eyebrow-mount headlights (someone please correct me if I'm worng). Ness recently did come out with a bolt on fairing for the newer Dyna front ends, but, I'm not sure if they made one of these models for the wide glide or not.

Last edited by Chad1200; 09-07-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:06 PM
laroc
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad1200
Based on my experience, which is limited...hahaha, I think that you should be able to use an '06 or later Dyna headlight. Having said that, you'll have to raise the headlight a bit in order to get the fairing high enough to sit on top of the lower tree as the original Ness fairings are all designed to work with the earlier eyebrow-mount headlights (someone please correct me if I'm worng). Ness recently did come out with a bolt on fairing for the newer Dyna front ends, but, I'm not sure if they made one of these models for the wide glide or not.
Thanks. Your right about raising the headlight. I know Ness advertise a fairing for wide glide front ends I'm sure I've seen a couple on here on the newer '10wide glide.

I'd sure appreciate width and hieght dimensions of one if anyone has one on thier bike. It'll give me an idea about wheather it will work with my set up.