Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak users --- please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 AM
welder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuelpak users --- please help

I finished up the pain in the *** install of the fuelpak on my bike. When I printed the map out from their website, it shows a value for "mode 23". If you're a fuelpak user (and have programmed yours) you know what that is. For the rest of the modes up to 35, it has N/A for my setup. Everything works fine for programming it but when I get to mode 22, and try to go to the next mode, it goes back to mode 1. I can't get to mode 23 and I need to input a value. What I am afraid of is that I have an older version of the fuelpak, can anybody help with this? Guess I won't be riding today.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:26 AM
welder
Advanced

I think I found my own answer, the version of this thing is 11, so I have to take the damn thing back off the bike now, and send it in to get upgraded to version 12 of the software for $30. Can anybody comment on doing this before, is it pretty straight forward and how long does it take? Dammit am I disgusted right now. If I owned a video camera I'd make a video of me smashing it.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Never heard of that. No way for you to update it yourself?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM
welder
Advanced

It says something to that effect on their website on the FAQ, if the numbers don't go high enough to program what you need you can call to get a shipping address, and send it in along with $29.95 and they will "upgrade" it to version 12 of the software so it has the additional modes. I'm guessing this is what I'm dealing with here. Man what shitty luck, had I tried this first before installing my pipes and AC I could have removed it and still rode in the mean time, now the bike just has to sit there. This sounds like nothing more than a money making ploy from V&H. This pisses me off.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm not going to argue the point of "money-making scheme". They (V&H) have always been very tight-lipped about the settings within the FP. I think that's one reason I would never own it.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
bcmiles
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, you can't download the upgrade yourself? Weak. If you don't want to deal with that crap again, call Fuel Moto and get a PCV or equivilent. Not too pricey and way better than V&H's Fuelpak.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
dynarule
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by welder
It says something to that effect on their website on the FAQ, if the numbers don't go high enough to program what you need you can call to get a shipping address, and send it in along with $29.95 and they will "upgrade" it to version 12 of the software so it has the additional modes. I'm guessing this is what I'm dealing with here. Man what shitty luck, had I tried this first before installing my pipes and AC I could have removed it and still rode in the mean time, now the bike just has to sit there. This sounds like nothing more than a money making ploy from V&H. This pisses me off.
Where did you get the fuel pak from? I got mine about 2 years ago and it was version 12. I havent had any problems with mine,bike runs great.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by welder
Man what shitty luck, had I tried this first before installing my pipes and AC I could have removed it and still rode in the mean time, now the bike just has to sit there.
Cover half of your air filter with duct tape and ride. It will run OK short of the decel pops.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:44 PM
welder
Advanced

Originally Posted by dynarule
Where did you get the fuel pak from? I got mine about 2 years ago and it was version 12. I havent had any problems with mine,bike runs great.
I bought it used. It's the right model and fits the bike (it's on the bike) but must have been from a good few years back and has this version 11 of the software on it. I usually try to make sure and check everything like this out but when it was the right model number and said it fit my bike, I figured, well it will fit. I'm guessing (and it's just a guess because there's very limited info out there) this version 11 would work fine w/o the upgrade to 12 for bikes 04-07, then version 12 works for all bikes, 04-present.

So if anybody in my area as a PCV or Fuelpak (with the right software) they want to get rid of, let me know...

Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some old fuelpacks out there. Thats why I bought mine from the Harley Dealer in hopes of getting a newer version which I did. I would send it in for upgrade as the old style doesnt have nearly the adjustability of the new ones. The higher modes are needed on many setups on my bike.

Last edited by parts eeter; 09-11-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuelpak users --- please help