Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CA emmisions canister removal and looking for oil cooler mount plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:50 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default CA emmisions canister removal and looking for oil cooler mount plate

Has anyone removed the CA Emissions canister from as WG? whats the procedure?

Also, I'm looking for the factory mounting place for the oil cooler (08 WG) is anyone has one...

Old 09-18-2010, 11:54 PM
suntadz
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

took mine off on a 2010 fxdwg. Got the parts manual and ordered the hose for the non CA models. Took off the cannister and ran the other hose to the rear.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a quick search in the dyna section. You will find all the info you need on this. I just did after reading your thread because I have been wanting to do the same thing.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:38 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Removing the vapor canister:
The single hose on the right side of the bike from the vapor canister goes up under the tank and doesn't connect to anything it is just a breather hose you can just pull it out.

On the left side of the bike you have two hose's coming off of the canister. The canister is labeled carb / tank, disconnect the tank hose and follow it up the frame to a little vapor valve, remove hose from the bottom of this little vapor valve and remove the hose. This is now your 49 state tank vent, you can also get the 49 state vent hose that connects to the vapor valve and runs up under the tank, it is in the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) item 13 on page 90 P/N 27296-04A TUBE, VALVE TO ATMOSPHERE and a retaining clip item 7 P/N 10113 CLIP, DOUBLE HOSE.

Disconnect the carb hose from the vapor canister, this line goes up the frame and under the tank to a connection behind the top left side of the air cleaner, it connects to the intake manifold, disconnect and put a cap on the port of the intake. (In the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) on page 20 they list a cap plug item 21 P/N 90383-98 CAP PLUG, INDUCTION MODULE that might be the one to use.) This hose is difficult to remove, I took off the rubber hose from the plastic tube by the intake and pulled the hose out from the front of the tank and broke off a clip that supports a harness that comes out of the bottom of the tank, but I was able to ty-wrap that harness to another harness under the tank near the frame. If you cut the plastic tube end off that has the ridge, it will not hang up on anything and it will just slide out.

The vapor canister bracket has a clip that you depress and then the canister can slide off the bracket. Loosen the two allen head bolts that hold the bracket on to the frame, remove top bolt then rotate bracket and put the bolt back in and tighten it down, then remove lower bolt and bracket, reinstall lower bolt and tighten it down.