Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Side Shots w/ BCT Baffle Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 AM
jb27
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Side Shots w/ BCT Baffle Questions

I'm going to be taking delivery of an '11 Street Bob next week. I'm having the dealer put on a set of Vance & Hines Side Shots (Black). I was wondering if anyone that has this pipe/baffle setup could provide some info. I'm looking at getting the Big City Thunder Original Thunder Monster Baffles. I installed these on a previous bike with V&H Big Radius Chrome pipes, so i'm familiar with the install. I'm hoping to order the baffles to have them to install next week when I get the bike.

1 - What size BCT Baffles do I need? (i.e. inside pipe diameter)?

2 - With the Black Side Shots, is the black (ceramic?) similar to the chrome heat shields that would come on a chrome set of pipes? (i.e. how easy is it to remove the black parts to get at the screws for the baffles?)

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i Have a set on mine. but in chrome. the BCT's i dont have, so im sorry bout the measurement...cant help you there.

the heat shields on the the other hand i can help you with...i helped install a set on my friends ride, and lemme just say...

Gloves. wear gloves, the black catches finger prints, and the oil from your hands and are a bitch to get off.

and be careful on handling, they slip on one at a time and have the tendency to hit each other as if they are angry lol.. all i kept on doing was clinking and clunking shileds all over the place. one more thing...make a video for use to see and hear the BCT's i saw a mod here to add both the BCT's and the V@H baffles together and it gave it a superb deep sound thunderous roar...

Ive had mine on for about 2 months maybe less, and they are wonderful. defiante head turning, and not obnoixious.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
treadstone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure man, do a vid! I just picked up VH BSS black and one selling point was the ability to mess around with baffles and such. VH Customer service should hook you up with some of that info. no problem.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for the BCT baffles, but I have removed the heat shields. They can be removed while the pipes are installed. It's a PITA, but it's possible. You just have to wiggle them a bit to come off. It's equally a pain putting them back on, but that's the only way to get to the baffle screw.