Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Work S$S or Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Engine Work S$S or Headquarters

So I have been out of work for over 6 months and cant ride either ruptured my tendon in my ankle at work so I havent been able to ride but I have saved up some cash So finally doing the motor I NEED MO POWER..... So its between the S&S 106 kit, 585 Cams, and S&S Super Stock Heads..... Or should I do the complete headquarters 107 package headquarters mills your heads and cylinders opposed to S&S you get new ones.. Just wondering what you guys thought I should do any input would be helpful anybody run this same setup??

Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

One of my friends has an S&S 106 with those cams in his Road King; really good torque...I've got the HQ 33G cams in my 103 with their heads; also a real torquer...what does your builder prefer/sell...I'm kind of an HQ fan myself but wouldn't hesitate to look at S&S; they're both well established...

Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Muff Daddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be a dick but if I was unemployed my money would stay in the bank until I healed up and returned to work.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
harlista01
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Muff Daddy
Not to be a dick but if I was unemployed my money would stay in the bank until I healed up and returned to work.
Maybe the op hurt himself at work and is on disability.

To the op. I wish I had that problem in deciding. Can't go wrong with more power

Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Los11
So I have been out of work for over 6 months and cant ride either ruptured my tendon in my ankle at work so I havent been able to ride but I have saved up some cash So finally doing the motor I NEED MO POWER..... So its between the S&S 106 kit, 585 Cams, and S&S Super Stock Heads..... Or should I do the complete headquarters 107 package headquarters mills your heads and cylinders opposed to S&S you get new ones.. Just wondering what you guys thought I should do any input would be helpful anybody run this same setup??
I think they both are good packages.What are you looking for with build hp? or tq? What kind of comp are you going to run with the S&S 585 cam? With the headquarters pacakge what cams are involved??? Are the heads going to be cc'd?? or are you going with advertised comp??

Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 PM
SethLee11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s&s will port and polish your stock heads for a grand... good option

Old 10-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Muff Daddy

Did you read my post hurt myself at work I never said I was unemployed...... Plus I am a Cop and getting hurt on the job pay's well..... Any input on the motor??

Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Builder prefers both, my goal is just for more power I am not a numbers guy so I really dont care to have the big numbers on the dyno aslong as the bike rides well and the power and TQ are nice. If I could get a 110 split I would be happy....

Old 10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SethLee11
s&s will port and polish your stock heads for a grand... good option
Yeah I saw that but for another $200 you can get there super stock heads not bad I rather just get those if I am going with S$S if not I will be sending my stuff out to HQ anyway..

Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Fuel Moto has a nice 107" kit . They have a thread in the bagger section on it . Perhaps you could look that up , maybe something you'd be interested in . Also...you'll lose some performance with those pipes .
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...fuel-moto.html

Last edited by jaysonL; 10-05-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added link

Quick Reply: Engine Work S$S or Headquarters