Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks, Apes, and tank lift...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
wanna be
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks, Apes, and tank lift...

So once agian I have searched the forum and see things I want to do but can't seem to find the answers to my questions... So I will turn to your expert advice! this worked out for me the last time so here goes...
I have a 2010 Wide Glide with lapera bare bones, V&H 2into2 BR, RSD intake, PCV tuned...

I want to lower the back end to make the fender hug the tire without doing major cuts to fenders... which are the best shocks for the money. the burly slammers dont seem to come for 2010...I have seen the progressives a lot but dont want to spend $1k.. what can I do?

Apes I really think i am set on the 16-17" RSD apes but wheres the best place to get wires and cables? and can I get a 2-3" tank lift with apes?

I have done everything myself so far except the tune and probably wont try to tackle the bars on my own without some tips to success...

Trying to make the bike meet my asthetics and i mostly do short rides i have an iron a$$.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna be
So once agian I have searched the forum and see things I want to do but can't seem to find the answers to my questions... So I will turn to your expert advice! this worked out for me the last time so here goes...
I have a 2010 Wide Glide with lapera bare bones, V&H 2into2 BR, RSD intake, PCV tuned...

I want to lower the back end to make the fender hug the tire without doing major cuts to fenders... which are the best shocks for the money. the burly slammers dont seem to come for 2010...I have seen the progressives a lot but dont want to spend $1k.. what can I do?

Apes I really think i am set on the 16-17" RSD apes but wheres the best place to get wires and cables? and can I get a 2-3" tank lift with apes?

I have done everything myself so far except the tune and probably wont try to tackle the bars on my own without some tips to success...

Trying to make the bike meet my asthetics and i mostly do short rides i have an iron a$$.
Ok, first off...what Progressive shocks are you looking at that have a $1,000 price tag?

2nd...I'd inquire with the place you're buying the bars from for cables. What wires are you referring to?

3rd... I don't think a package deal of apes, tank lift is available. Tank lift is available on ebay. it's made by a forum member. Search "MotorcityCreations" on ebay.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

11" progressive 412 should set you back about $200. burley make a 10.5", not sure what it cost.
tank lift, you can make your own or buy one from jackyl on ebay. it should work with any bars.
as far as apes, sorry i dont have apes but changing out a set of bars is time consuming but easy.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

412s have mixed results. Progressive 440s are a little more $, but have better reviews. The tank lift will work with or without the apes. I went with a 2 inch lift and 12.5" apes. The 440s I have are 11.5" I think.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 PM
DeltaDog
Cruiser

The progressives ride extremely rough with the barebones seat! Just did a 700 mile trip and my *** is still hurting! lol

Old 10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
goblin127
Tourer

dpriest that ride looks awsome. Nice job!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaDog
The progressives ride extremely rough with the barebones seat! Just did a 700 mile trip and my *** is still hurting! lol
yeah but you looked good

no pain no game!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I have the Burly Brand Slammers Drop Shocks. This past weekend I road with a group of friends to Robbinsville, NC from Southern Maryland. Trip was just over 560miles each way. We road down Saturday (road the Dragon's Tail on Sunday) and road back home on Monday. We registured around 1300 for the three day trip.

With the shocks I had no issues and was never sore from riding. After the 11hrs of hard riding each way I was still ready for more, I jokingly ask (knowing that we didn't have the documentation) the group who was ready to finish an Iron Butt ride. Also, the shocks handled perfectly in the corners of the Dragon where I was averaging around 40-45mph. Not a pocket rocket speed, but fast for a first time Tail run.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
alauer
Intermediate

I don't have a lot of advice on the shocks or tank lift, but a really good place to get your apes is from hill country custom cycles. Their website is www.hillcountrycustomcyles.com. Simply give them a call and tell them the model and year of your bike and what size bars you want and they will send you the apes already internally wired, the right size clutch and brake cables. Easy and painless. Their prices are really good too!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alauer
I don't have a lot of advice on the shocks or tank lift, but a really good place to get your apes is from hill country custom cycles. Their website is www.hillcountrycustomcyles.com. Simply give them a call and tell them the model and year of your bike and what size bars you want and they will send you the apes already internally wired, the right size clutch and brake cables. Easy and painless. Their prices are really good too!

Quick Reply: Shocks, Apes, and tank lift...