Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
CKS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar Question

I don't like the Buckhorn bars on my bike. I would like some honest suggestions. What kind of bars do you all like best & what do you think would look best on by 94 FXDWG.

Attached Thumbnails Handlebar Question-dyna-001.jpg   Handlebar Question-dyna.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually a big fan of drag bars on the evo wide glides ....... 4 or 6 inch straight risers and flat drag bar looks bitchin..... either that or throw some apes on there...... 14 or 16 inches would be about right on that bike.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CKS
I don't like the Buckhorn bars on my bike. I would like some honest suggestions. What kind of bars do you all like best & what do you think would look best on by 94 FXDWG.

I went from buckhorns, (didnt like them either), to mini apes.

I think apes would look nice on your ride. Helps the stretched look and feel in my opinion. I also find them very comfy.

Seems like you have some serious risers.(5 or 6 inchers?), You could pick up a set of mini apes and either ditch use your existing risers, or use them if you like the additional height. You could also get shorter risers and just go with taller apes. More than one way to skin a cat...

Any way I vote for apes based on the looks and comfort factor.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 10-08-2010, 09:05 PM
CKS
Cruiser

The risers are 4.5". I put them on to try make the buckhorns feel better (didn't work)
I am also thinking 14" mini apes but now I have to get more new risers. Oh well It's just Dollars. Thanks for the suggestions.
If anyone out there has a good set of mini apes they would like to sell just let me know.

Last edited by CKS; 10-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 AM
bikertrashchad
Advanced

Apes for me. I am running 16 inch Wild 1 Chubby's on my FXD with custom 1 inch risers from Accutronix. Went to these bars from the stock buckhorn bars and I will never go back.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:58 PM
fixxr
Road Captain

Just sit on your bike and close your eyes and put your arms out were they feel best and check the angle of your wrist's and then try to find bars that fit that setup!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
RedneckJedi
Advanced

i hated the buckhorns on mine too. used to kill my wrists. i went to 6" risers and a drag bar and it made a huge difference. only problem is now my back is killing me and i am about to order some 16" apes to fix that, just not sure if i should keep the 6" risers or throw the old 2"rs back on with the new apes.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too hated the Buckhorn bars. I used 5.5 in. rise and 1 in back with stock "Duece" bars. No more wrist pain.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM
CKS
Cruiser

I just recently ordered some 12" mini apes, I think using them with my 4.5" risers will work out OK. We will see.

Quick Reply: Handlebar Question