Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork brace for Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *****
I have a chrome superbrace for 49mm forks. Pm me if u want to purchase it. Brand new.
For sure man i have to wait for permissions to ativate so i can PM you, And am moving to hawaii here in the next week so it will be a little while, thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
I love mine!!!
HYPER PRO damper ......
nice, the hyper pros are sweet. VTwin MFG has a kit in their catalog for the 49mm front end but not sure of price (p/n 24-1243) - and the damper is probably a cheapie.

Really the special part for our applications is finding the 49mm clamp - the rest of the stuff is universal (assuming we are speaking of the type Joe is rocking) there are other dampers availablefrom sportbikes that mount compeltely different

this is on my list of next gets for sure

But - and Im saying this cuz someone back in the thread touched on wobble, and the Fork Brace possibly curing that - Neither a ForkBrace or a Damper should be installed to fix a front end problem - both products are performance enhancements on a properly functioning front end - if you have a wobble, shake, lean, etc bolting on these accessories will just mask a potentially serious issue.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 great point!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PitDog
Hard to tell, because I did the True Track Stabilzers at the same time. I'd do the stabilzers first, see how it rides and then do the fork brace. Our Streetbob's have 49mm forks, but the fork brace still has to help. I've got the Super Brace, the chrome really pops on it.
I see Dyna fork braces for sale at various places, is the SuperBrace the only one that is known to be good ? Does all SuperBraces have an ID on them?

Also the fork stabilzers, does anyone sell one for a Dyna that fits and looks good and doesn't stick out far ? I remember many years ago Honda made a Scrambler model that had a stock fork stablizer on it that you hardly noticed. It mounted to the frame neck and the bottom tree.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Tumper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I've had on mine for years, Still running the stock fender. This thing truly stiffened it up!

Custom Cycle 41mm Chrome Billet Aluminum Fork Brace - TB26001
  • A solid piece of 6061 T-6 aluminum A compound arch increases torsional stiffness, which means less deflection and twisting and more fender clearance

Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R_W_B
Also the fork stabilzers, does anyone sell one for a Dyna that fits and looks good and doesn't stick out far ? I remember many years ago Honda made a Scrambler model that had a stock fork stablizer on it that you hardly noticed. It mounted to the frame neck and the bottom tree.
GPR makes them.

http://www.gprstabilizer.com/
app_48_harley_davidson_dyna_street_bob

Sets you back 800 bucks but you get a new top tree with it. So I guess if you have a streetbob with integrated risers and are changing over top trees it kind of works out. Otherwise your paying some serious $$$$