Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ride wearing contact lenses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:10 PM
St. Bob
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone ride wearing contact lenses?

I was thinking about getting contacts again but I could never ride wearing them. I'm blind as a bat so I have to use something and I'm getting tired of my glasses. What do you wear to keep them from drying out? Do you wear goggles over them or just sunglasses? What have you tried that works?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:15 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ride with contacts all the time. no windscreen and i must use goggle or sunglasses with the foam padding. the latter works great for me. with windscreen, i can wear wrap arounds. works fine. i usually carry artificial tears with me, but cant recall needed them in any different way than i normally would.

tin

Old 11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love wearing contacts,beats the hell out of glasses.You've gotta wear something on your eyes though on the bike.I wear some wrap-a-round safety glasses at night and sunglasses when it's sunny.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
davidwideglide06
Tourer

I have tried a lot of different type of goggles and glasses. Found the best that works for me are the Wiley X with the transitional lenses that change for light to semi dark. My only complaint is they do not get as dark as I would like during sunny days, but they still work.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:53 PM
xflyer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also wear Wiley X sunglasses with changeable lenses and the foam to keep the wind out. Most of the time i just wear sunglasses when i ride.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:10 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I wear contacts with just regular sunglasses that fit tight from walmart for $10. Work great with or without my windshield on.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

I have tried a lot of different type of goggles and glasses. Found the best that works for me are the Wiley X with the transitional lenses that change for light to semi dark. My only complaint is they do not get as dark as I would like during sunny days, but they still work.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really feel for you. I wore glasses or contacts all of my life and couldn't ride with my contacts at all. My eyes were always dry and burned and the headaches were horrible no matter what type of glasses I wore - even tried goggles - which I hated. Finally broke down and paid the $$ for laser surgery. Costly but the best investment I ever made for me and my bike. My health insurance even paid for 1/3 of it.
Good luck. Hope you're able to figure out how to ride with contacts. I never could.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

Have worn Contacts since I been riding. Sunglasses with foam. Never been a problem.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

contacts with oakleys... ftw bring lens renew drops if your eyes get dry...

Quick Reply: Anyone ride wearing contact lenses?