Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
One Of The Regulars
Default Will a Buell frontend fit on a Dyna

I have an 03 Lowrider and was wondering if a Buell Frontend would fit. If so, what frontend?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Sponsor

Yes it will. Will it work properly? No What do you think all of those parts are in the inside of the forks for? You will need to change the shims (valving) and spring to the proper weight you are adding to the forks (your bike and what you are doing with it) Is the wheel strong enough to withstand the additional weight the heavier bike with added luggage? You need to research the wheels designed load specifications. If you are riding the bike and the wheel fails, you will be the first to know you screwed up. This is what is inside of them. If you are asking others here what front end will work on your bike without knowing what all component designed weight limits are, you should not be involved in a major component change such as this. Here is what is inside of them (XB1200L):
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
~Contact via e-Mail~
use my own e-Mail: howard@motorcyclemetal.com
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/contact.html
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 AM

yes it will work....alot of the street pro guys in ahdra do it as well as the g2 racing street bikes.......I have a set of triple trees for sale that will mount a set of buell xb forks to a softail or dyna..let me know if its something you might be interested in
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Have you looked into similar styled inverted forks. They aren't much more $ than a used Buell front end and can give you the same kind of style. And if you shop smart you can get one that will allow you to reuse most of whats on the bike now like risers, bars, brakes, wheel and fender.

2013 110th Anniversary Road King.
Boozefighters Motorcycle Club, Chapter 48
Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
One Of The Regulars

Just been looking at different options to get rid of my narrow glide front end. Been trying to find a factory 03 Wide Glide front end and having no luck. So started looking at the Buell front ends but your probably right to light for my bike. I do not want to get into revalving the forks. Just want to put a wider and more stable front end. Also want to reuse my wheel/fender and brakes.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Big Kahuna HDF Member

there are places out there that you can parts to do this...

People were buying the cheap buells and going chopper with them

http://www.custom-choppers-guide.com...-choppers.html

http://www.bitterendchoppers.com/SportyFrames.html

USAF Vet with Daughters in Navy & USMC and Sons in Army & USAF -
We Proudly serve the Greatest country on earth, Protecting the constitution and our rights
Due to the increased price of ammunition, I'm forced to discontinue firing warning shots
Please treat Music like candy and put the rappers in the trash where they belong
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM

P

Tags
bob, buel, buell, dyna, end, fit, forks, frame, front, harley, metric, rear, softail, street, wheel, wheels