Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW TO DO: Mounting a Fairing to a Streetbob/Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:09 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HOW TO DO: Mounting a Fairing to a Streetbob/Dyna

Ok im going to re-post this because about 5 people emailed me on how i mounted a fairing to my streetbob so i figured this would be easier and for the people that havnt seen it from last year and are thinking of puting one on. i still havnt finished it because im just to busy at the moment (painting and installing the radio). but this is just to show you and give you an idea how i did it, i would give ya all the measurements but then you would have to have the exact same set-up as me (fairing, streetbob with wideglide 49mm front end) to work with the measurements. but it was simple to make if you look at the bottom pics of the brackets and some backing/reinforcement plates i made. i used a fairing i bought off ebay for 299.00 im not sure the sellers name but when i bought it there was a few people selling them, they also had some with two 6x9 speakers instead of the one i have that takes four 5" speaker. then i bought 2 sets of harley quick dis-connet clamps that work awesome and dont leave no hardware left on the bike when i take it off. i also bought a used 7" headlight off a member to the forum, it filled the fairing out nnicely because the 5-3.4 was way to small. i only plan on using this when im touring long distances thats why it is quick dis-connect. hope this helps anyone out that is planning on doing this, dont be scared it is EASY TO DO. i still have to finish the quick dis-connect Harley touring hardbag mounts to that people keep asking about to. i have the prototype and tested it out and now i just have to make the master. i will post on how to do it also when im finished with the quick dis-connect hard-saddlebag mounts. again hope this encourages someone to do it themselves and save themselves some money in the process. when i finish it all up i will install everything and take some pics of the tour-bob (tourpak,hardbags and fairing) all quick dis-connect and will take 2minutes to install or uni-stall. have fun jackyl.

the pitures are of my bike with a solo seat and with a two-up seat with sissybar if you where wondering how it would look oneway or another.

Last edited by jackyl; 01-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Here is some old pictures of my bike with the tourpak on it if you were wondering, you can put it together in your head how it would look with the tourpak and fairing it will look good with i finish painting the fairing and adding the hardbags but in do time. its just my version of a poor mans streetglide-bob . jackyl

Last edited by jackyl; 01-14-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 AM
biketroll
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey jackyl, how much $ for a set of those fairing brackets.It's the same fairing that I got off e-bay and I'm sick of try to make some.Let me know thanks.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:12 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by biketroll
Hey jackyl, how much $ for a set of those fairing brackets.It's the same fairing that I got off e-bay and I'm sick of try to make some.Let me know thanks.
you would need the same front end as me also (2007 wdg front end) to make it work. jackyl

Old 01-15-2011, 09:21 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Good write up and thanks for the pics.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Pyr8willy
Advanced

What bags are those?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pyr8willy
What bags are those?
2006 h-d detachable saddlebags they where only out for that year. they changed them in 2007

Old 09-24-2011, 01:51 AM
tgenew
5th Gear

Like the concept of the fairing and tourpak, looking to do the same. Problem I'm having most is finding a bracket for 2 up riding. I'll hopefully have met all the rules soon so that I can PM you about it, crazy this whole 5 posts 5 days but if it works from keeping trolls out then I can't complain to much.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:39 AM
philo111
Advanced

Why didn't you buy a Street Glide to begin with?

Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 PM
KevenW
Tourer

I'm super interested in this!! was just looking at the batwing fairing on the memphis shades site. it doesnt have anything on the inside of it though like yours I don't think. they dont show pics of how it looks for some reason....

Quick Reply: HOW TO DO: Mounting a Fairing to a Streetbob/Dyna